C4 Picasso

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia Mourner
New User

C4 Picasso

Post by Xantia Mourner »

Hi guys

I am a returning newbie. I used to be quite active on the Xantia forum and briefly on this one until some 5 years ago when I sent the much mourned HDI 2.0 to that great garage in the sky and changed to Seat Alhambra, which I made to pretend it was a camper.

The 2004 MPV works like a clock, makes 48 mpg on the motorways and could have continued to serve me long years. Unfortunately, with the pending extension of ULEZ to entire Great London, I had to change to petrol as it is much cheaper to meet the emission limits than in post-2015 diesel cars. I have just bought a 2008 C4 Grand Picasso, which I hate from the beginning, mostly for its weird arrangement and complication of controls, electrical parking brake and the lack of a good downloadable manual, but I still needed space to sleep in in the far places I drive to, when the rain falls horizontally.

Perhaps it will grow on me. We will visit a Citroen dealer in London in a few days, to have the car thoroughly inspected. At the moment I'm looking for information what kind of light bulbs is there in the front fog-lights, which, drawing a lesson from an unfortunate hard meeting in dense fog with high kerb at Hamilton Service Station just off Glasgow.

I want to change immediately to yellow. I couldn't find it anywhere. One small comfort is that the Alhambra is not going to be scrapped, it will serve someone in a place with lot of very fresh air.

Any advice on what manifestations of the Murphy Law I can expect will be much appreciated.

Yours truly
Xantia Mourner
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 16 Mar 2022, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorted out hard returns and paragraph spacing for legibility
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4 Picasso

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Most Post-2015 Diesels are fine in Mayor Khan's Empire, including the ULEZ, as long as they meet the relevant Euro 6.* Emissions standard and the same applies to petrol. I think everyone pays the congestion charge except certain exemptions including fully electric.

Use the checker here:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc