Has the time finally come for a DS3 Racing engine rebuild??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregor

Re: Has the time finally come for a DS3 Racing engine rebuild??

Post by Gregor »

Hi. Rough idle is normal on my 208 156THP. Its been like that from new.
Driving Citroen is a diagnose!
notrix

Post by notrix »

Yeah well.. they are noisy and stuff but mine didn't use to have misfires for sure. I take the misfires as a symptom of something beeing wrong and I kinda wanna try and fix it before the engine goes kablamo :)

Anyways it's the amount of unburnt fuel getting into the sump and mixing with the oil that really worries me. If I didn't have an aftermarket oil gauge I would probably never have caught it in time because I saw the pressure going lower and lower until I finally decided to do an oil change and check what was going on. At that moment the oil was severely diluted and reeked of petrol.

Given all the issues with the earlier revisions of the HPFP I just went ahead and ordered a genuine PSA HPFP from eBay so in a couple of weeks I can hopefully rule out a potentialy leaking HPFP.
marpaa

Post by marpaa »

Hi notrix, have you finally fixed the problem?
notrix

Post by notrix »

marpaa wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 10:19 Hi notrix, have you finally fixed the problem?
Nope. It's still the same. I've started thinking it might have a stretched timing chain at this point. I have changed the plugs, coils, HPF and injectors and done a walnut blasting of the intake ports to no avail. It still misfires and seems to be overfueling.

I guess the next step is to bring it to a workshop for proper diagnostics.
marpaa

Post by marpaa »

stretched timing or maybe... haven't the problems started after previous chain exchange? I have read of improper tools for timing setting during chain exchange... I have p1340 sometimes when cold started...and rough idle when cold...
All the best!
Pawel