SMEG Touchscreen Map Updates

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

mashbury

Re: SMEG Touchscreen Map Updates

Post by mashbury »

@Paul-R, yes I have the C4GP, 2015 model. I am pretty sure it has the SMEG+. The tinkerer in me would like to increase the SD card, but I am slightly worried about how to remove the trim and the (remote I hope) possibility of bricking the SMEG+. You mentioned above that you have created a procedure for cloning the SD card, could you kindly point me to it?
Do you know how / when the system prompts to delete a country, because I haven't found it yet?
Thanks
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

I haven't had to delete any maps since I did the mod so I'm having to rely on my memory! But, I'm pretty sure that if there's not enough space then the system tells you so and then gives a list of all the maps installed and the option to delete something.

Can't help with trim removal on that vehicle I'm afraid but I have a feeling that I've seen a video on YouTube about it. Maybe one of these? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... io+removal

With regards to modifying/replacing the micro-SD card start reading from post 1603 here https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/s ... st-2183290 for the background or just jump to post 1640 here https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/s ... 81/page-82
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
mashbury

Post by mashbury »

Well, now bitten the bullet and modified the SD card, reducing the size of the jukebox (by 3Gb) and transferring this to the maps. I used the Minitool partition wizard which is very intuitive. Loaded another map, final 2 tomorrow, there appears to be plenty of space now and I am confident they will fit. All functions on the SMEG+ seem to be working..phew!

Like many things when you have done them they seem relatively straightforward with hindsight.. but thanks to those on this forum and other forums and Paul-R in particular otherwise I would have never known it was possible and couldn't have done it.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

See, wasn't so bad was it? :rofl2:
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Danieldan

Post by Danieldan »

You awesome guys! Guess im gonna have to load into the new maps already then xD Do I need a new code now? Anyway, im gonna try using that minitool partition wizard and squeeze my jukebox a little. Is there, by any chance I mess up the jukebox? ;p
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

How much do you use the Jukebox? As long as you don't try to take off more than the unused space in the Jukebox has available there shouldn't be a problem. So, if you have 4.0GB of music that leaves 2.9GB unused and trying to take 3GB off would be a problem! That's assuming it's a 16GB card of course. Maybe only move 2GB?

In fact if you use the Jukebox the better answer would be to clone the contents onto a 32GB card. That will give plenty of space for both music and maps.

WRT the new maps, yes you will need to generate a new code.