Start/Stop Issue Advise needed, Belt Tension?

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Start/Stop Issue Advise needed, Belt Tension?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so the issues are obviously related.

It may mean the calibration needs undertaking for the clutch / gearbox or you may have an underlying fault.

You really need to have it properly diagnosed with Lexia and pop the codes up here with your VIN, because of the nature of these gearboxes there can be many issues.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
WayneL

Post by WayneL »

after checking more on the forum, I find there maybe a potential reason for the issue, that is the leak of the EGS gearbox actuator.
I took some pictures of it. noticing that the reservoir level is still above the minimum level. however, seems it has been leaking for ages.
Some experts suggest to use diagbox to depressurise it before topping up the fluid level, and I don't have it.
Just wonder if I can just top up the reservoir little by little to see if the problem fixed? I am sure there is a portion of the fluid is out, so I assume I add 30 to 100 ml of the fluid should do no harm to the actuator, isn't it? Here are some of the photos. I also cleaned up it a bit to see the fluid level.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The actuator oil level is checked when the system is depressurised to get an accurate reading of the oil in the system. If you top it up without doing this, you can overfill the system and that can cause leaks when under pressure. Seems like this is possibly what may of happened and why you have a leak....

Marc
WayneL

Post by WayneL »

From the other posts in this forum, the return hose seems is the culprit for the leakage. I understand that I cannot just top it up to full level directly. but is there a moment the pressure in the system is at the least, say let the car settle for 24hours beforehand? so that I can top it up a little bit and see how it goes.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No. The system is pressurised all the time until it is depressurised using the diagnostic equipment.

Marc