MyWay Radio Phone Help

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

cantavoidcitroen

MyWay Radio Phone Help

Post by cantavoidcitroen »

As of today I am now an owner of a 2010 Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR+ (Nav) and I am trying to get to grips with the MyWay head unit and have come across an issue regarding the address book. I am able to receive calls and dial a number but can't use the address book menu to call any numbers that I have saved on my phone. I have also tried to create a new contact via the phone menu but when it comes to save I am presented with a "Please Wait" screen that doesn't seem to disappear, unless I press "List" on the steering wheel and of course the number doesn't save.

The phone that I am using is a Samsung Galaxy S7 if this any help?

Hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: MyWay Radio Phone Help

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

The MyWay unit has no hard drive in the system and relies on flash memory. When a new phone is paired it can take a significant amount of time (and the car needs to be running) for the address details to synchronise. If the car is switched off the connection is terminated unless on a call, so will interrupt the process.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cantavoidcitroen

Post by cantavoidcitroen »

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Everything that I was trying was done with only the ignition on. I'll have another look tomorrow, hopefully with desired results. Really appreciate the helpful info :)
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

As the OP is my son i will now update this thread as the main issue has been resolved :)
Thanks to Marc i now have the updates for the firmware for the head unit but being non tech savvy i have yet to get the update to work but back top the issue.
In frustration of not getting the system to accept the SD card with the update on i decided to get the head unit to do a factory reset with the engine running.
Once that was done the unit now behaves itself, within seconds of pairing a phone it allows access to the phone book of the phone as it should do.
It has been tested on 2 phones and works with both so =D>

Still going to keep trying the firmware update when i finally understand the technical process :rofl2:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just use a free programme like 7Zip to extract the files onto a FAT32 formatted SD card from your PC. Don’t actually leave the firmware archive itself on the SD card though, just the extracted files.

Switch vehicle off, wait 5 minutes to allow the Head Unit to sleep, and insert the SD card, then start the engine and it should start the firmware upgrade process - but NEVER interrupt the process or you risk bricking the unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Just a thought about computers. For updating the maps on my C5 I have to use a Windows machine as a Mac infects every writable device with a load of invisible files and folders (don't know about Linux machines). These invisible files interfere with the process.

Possibly the same for this update?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Marc i do have the correct info only on the SD card, checked with your sticky and exactly the same so got that bit right :)
Bad news is i moved the car into the driveway, switched it off and inserted SD and then started it up, thing i did not do was wait for it to go back to sleep for 5 mins so will try it again this weekend doing it the correct way.

Paul anything is possible with me and tech, but i think on this one i may have done it 50% correct lol