Scrapyards & Scrapyard purchases.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Scrapyards & Scrapyard purchases.

Post by xantia_v6 »

The old alternator was probably still producing 150A, but only at 12.5V, which would lead to an eventual flat battery, especially as the car likes to run the cooling fans after the engine has stopped.

Getting a new regulator module would cost more than the second hand alternator.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I keep forgetting just how much demand there is on a modern cars' electrical system..
xantia_v6 wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 07:01 Getting a new regulator module would cost more than the second hand alternator.
Indeed, definitely the case with my Pixo. £50 as against £230 for a new one as spares not available..

Reminds me, I have an AX alternator on my bench I must get working again...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Not many scrapyards like that left in the UK..............everything's got rather posh.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

I have posted my tale about the recent purchase of a SATNAV unit here, but I thought I'd post this link to the breaker (alright, recycler! :-D ) that I used as I found them both communicative and very helpful. They do seem to work with more Asian cars than European but then many of us have an Asian car anyway! So if you are after something a bit out of the ordinary give them a try:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/sarzbreakers
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!