AC problem solving

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ceenine
Donor 2023

Re: AC problem solving

Post by Ceenine »

So which is the fuse for the compressor on this vehicle (same as mine C4 1.6 HDI Viti with manual airconditioning. I can find a fuse for the blower only.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I have heard good reports about these - believe it or not!

https://www.kwik-fit.com/air-conditioni ... IIQAvD_BwE
Activa TCT
New User

Post by Activa TCT »

You can start compressor by putting +12V on it's clutch coil.
That's about it tho. If there's no gas, it doesn't start on purpose, to protect it.
No gas = no oil flow as well = expensive fix.

You prob have a gas leak as Ac would slowly just loose it's capacity over time and not fail in a moment.
You also need to run ac compressor every now and then, to keep everything lubricated and pipes and seals greased, otherwise, they leak.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ceenine wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 07:48 So which is the fuse for the compressor on this vehicle (same as mine C4 1.6 HDI Viti with manual airconditioning. I can find a fuse for the blower only.
The A/C compressor is linked to several relays in the engine fusebox (non user accessible). R6 and R7 I believe, but they also control other equipment. Fuse F9 is for said relays and F11 is listed for the A/C blower (40A).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023

Post by Ceenine »

Thanks Marc. If it wasn't so hot here I wouldn't persist.
Don
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

But as said by others, the compressor will be deactivated if there is a loss of gas. Common suspects are the condenser radiator - stone chips are a nightmare and they damage easily. The slightest nick and there you go. When mine went a couple of years ago on a 580 mile round trip to Yorkshire in sweltering heat - it wasn't much fun - this after re-gasses by the dealer in the previous 6 weeks of trying to find the leak. Re-gas would last a day and back to the dealer again. They finally found the split in the condenser and replaced that - refilled it again - but I think that it was all too much for the compressor. I suspect the oil was depleted and this took it's toll. A new compressor was fitted and it's been great since - icicles on the chin job!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc