C5 Door Switch Location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pierrepoppi

Re: C5 Door Switch Location

Post by pierrepoppi »

myglaren wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 13:13 With a long enough rod you may be able to push the lock button on the dash.

How did you manage to lock the keys inside if you only have one?
Going for the dash button isn't an option as the battery is flat so I might have to go with the wedge in the door.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

pierrepoppi wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 01:06 I don't want to damage the door frame but it looks like I might have to use a wedge to pry open the frame to get the rod in.
There should be no need to do any damage if you are careful, use plastic or wooden tools to open up a gap then use a wooden or rubber door wedge to hold the gap open. Only create just enough of a gap that you need. I use a plastic washing up type bottle with the top & bottom cut off to insert first so the metal rods dont scratch the paintwork. The door will go back to its original shape no problem.

Something like this…
Attachments
80FD4AA9-0E39-448B-815D-AA48990B92D0.jpeg
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

May be better to get one cut at the dealer, providing proof of ownership shouldn't be too difficult.

Costly but probably less than the cost of potential damage to the door.
And you will have a spare.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

myglaren wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 11:59 May be better to get one cut at the dealer, providing proof of ownership shouldn't be too difficult.

Costly but probably less than the cost of potential damage to the door.
And you will have a spare.
I suppose it depends on how long you are OK to wait, I'm not sure about in Australia but in the UK it would be very rare for a dealer to cut keys themselves, the are usually ordered factory pre cut & can take normally 7 - 10 days.
The other issue is Citroen will have the original key number on file, the car is obviously a few years old now, if the locks have ever been changed outside the dealer network the key number may be different & it could be a waste of £60 (may be more in Australia?) for a plain key.
Dont you have any auto locksmiths locally? Do you have the key number in the documents?
pierrepoppi

Post by pierrepoppi »

The reason I'm locked out is the central locking activated as I was closing the door. The fob has been flat for 6 months prior. The car came with only 1 key as the previous owner had lost the spare. I went to a Peugeot dealer and got both the key and fob codes free, our local locksmith will cut me a blade for $150AUD, $300AUD with a programmed fob.