Eolys?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

doktordoc

Re: Eolys?

Post by doktordoc »

Thx
VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
I am from Croatia, local dealers cant bee sure what type od Eolys
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

SHREEVE wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 15:02 G'day

I need to fill up Eolys, my vin is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] what eolys do I need? and build number would be awesome, greatly appreciated 😁
For this specific 508 (W2) you need to stick with Eolys Extend.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
jgra1
(Donor 2021)

Post by jgra1 »

Marc, if you have a min, what fluid for me please? VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] :)

hoping there is something out there I can put back into pouch!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Eolys EXTEND John, for build dates 12076 on (your RPO is 12210), but they specifically exclude Powerflex additive for the X7 and you have a reservoir not a pouch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuel-Additive- ... B0BTRLXCH3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114710686253

Marc
jgra1
(Donor 2021)

Post by jgra1 »

:mrgreen: thanks Marc.

I was wading through this topic as you answered! was starting to see I had no pouch.

I may have more questions if and when I attempt this procedure! as we all seem to have.

Actually, I have one already! Can I add 1L only, and tell the car that's all I have put in? I am guessing so...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

no you can’t specify the amount you have put in. You only reset the additive counter. You need to ensure you put 1 L in minimum but on this vehicle it should be at least a 3 L tank so I would suggest you attempt 2 L if you’ve had the warning at least.

Marc
jgra1
(Donor 2021)

Post by jgra1 »

no warning Marc, just an inkling it's low. DPF is clogged for sure and getting an anti poll warning yesterday for the first time ever. Thought I would arm myself with some fluid anyway, but will be removing the DPF and cleaning that....
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so if you're going for a clean out of the DPF, best to top the additive up entirely, then ensure you both reset the additive counter and also tell the engine ECU that the DPF has been replaced so it resets the record of Cerium deposits it has recorded from all the previous metering.

Marc
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Hello all, I am in the process of getting my recently acquired 2009 C3 Picasso HDI up to scratch, since I got it the dash lights up on starting requesting DPF Additive top up, today I set to having purchased the fluid and a kit of pipes and connectors, the underside of the reservoir showed a sticky residue, I saw this on some of the youtube videos so was not too put off, lowering the tank revealed it to be clean inside and the additive bag to be what I estimate to be 90% full with no evidence of any leak, my detective instinct tells me that at some point the additive bag has been replaced due to the presumed leak and the counter not reset, the car drives properly and is not in danger of running the pump dry, will it at some point go into limp mode due to the ECU believing that the fluid is running out? and is there anyone in North Wales (Wrexham area) with Lexia/Diagbox that could reset the additive counter (In exchange for beer tokens obvs)
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, because the additive remaining is estimated not measured. If it's not reset, then you'll start to get warnings on the dash to top it up at some point.

Marc
TheMorg

Post by TheMorg »

What fluid do I need please? Citroen Dispatch MK3 VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you don't seem to have an additive system on this vehicle. You have a particle filter, but there is no additive tank. Some later vehicles (including mine) don't have an additive system for the DPF, so count yourself lucky on that front.

Marc
TheMorg

Post by TheMorg »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 20:43 Ok, so you don't seem to have an additive system on this vehicle. You have a particle filter, but there is no additive tank. Some later vehicles (including mine) don't have an additive system for the DPF, so count yourself lucky on that front.
Thanks, that's what I had always assumed. Current fault with the diesel fuel additive pump will be to do with the adblue tank then?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The fault should have a specific code - and UREA tank codes will be specific.

Marc
TheMorg

Post by TheMorg »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 21:04 The fault should have a specific code - and UREA tank codes will be specific.
B1811 96 - Fault on diesel fuel additive pump
B2EB0 -7B - Fuel additive tank (says empty, it's full and has been for months)

I've actually had the adblue/dpf deleted and but can't remove these codes, presumably due to the delete!