FAO Tom Sheppard

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie

FAO Tom Sheppard

Post by bernie »

Hello Tom
Can you confirm that the a/c control unit (No. 60 on diagram)has the words.. klaxon 12v-56805 stamped on it?
Thanks[:)]
tomsheppard

Post by tomsheppard »

From memory, that sounds about right. (I am not inclined to take the dash out again to find out!) I assume we are talking about the little ecu that the control pot connects to. There isn't much to it, power, sensor and pot plus one wire from the relay, which engages the clutch. Being Citroen, there are likely to be several manufacturers.
To test, power up with 12 volts with the pot and sensor plugged in. Move the pot to half travel, you'll hear the relay come in and that wire goes to 12v.
spray the sensor with freezer and relay droops out.
Does that help. I'm in your part of the world at weekend. If you need a little help, let me know.
bernie

Post by bernie »

Thanks a lot Tom. I,ve got a pile of bits and I just wanted to make sure.
BTW when I removed the dash from the tzd turbo there was one of the above brand new screwed to the inside obviously not wired up but a nice surprise.
It's a pity the air recirc. holes and evapr. pipe holes were not pre cut.
Thanks again Tom
bernie

Post by bernie »

You say from the control unit to clutch relay(742)?
My wiring (from the 16v) is from control unit to drier con.1 from drier con 2 to 742 relay then clutch??
May take you up on help ta
tomsheppard

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes; I'm in Borehamstiff right now but I do have a Tomtronic circuit that works. 16V and TZI circuits can be mendacious. Is the engine cooling fan switched to earth or is it in series with the fan relay (that is, is this a late car
?). I'll use the forum to send my mobile # to you presently.
bernie

Post by bernie »

The fan is earthed with 12v coming from the rad. thermal switch.
Totally different to the diagram!!!!!!!!!!
bernie

Post by bernie »

So instead of supplying an earth via relay 733, I need to supply 12v .
Correct?
tomsheppard

Post by tomsheppard »

No, You need the whole circuit map 'cos there are several ways of short circuiting the battery if you try that. If The forum's messaging hasn't gotten to you yet try tomattomshepdotcodotuk and call me there so I can get back to you with details.