Laguna, Fitting Leather?.

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jon bda

Laguna, Fitting Leather?.

Post by jon bda »

Hey all, just picked up a full leather interior for my Laguna out of a V6 model at my local scrapyard. Has anyone got any hints for the wiring for the front seats please?, i'm going back tomorrow to get all the wiring harness and the rear electric window motors (ran out of time earlier)...has anyone done this swap before?.
[:)]
PowerLee

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Never done a Renault myself, Fitted electric front seats to my Pug 405 & the wires where already there & waiting under the seat.
I plugged them in & they worked [:)]
Have a look, you might be lucky!
jon bda

Post by jon bda »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PowerLee</i>

Hi
Never done a Renault myself, Fitted electric front seats to my Pug 405 & the wires where already there & waiting under the seat.
I plugged them in & they worked [:)]
Have a look, you might be lucky!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hehe, i hope so. Absolutely everything adjustable on the fronts is electric, with my luck the guy who owned the car it came out of will of been about 5 foot tall and i won't be able to fit behind the steering wheel [:D]. Still, for £40 (and i had a Laguna flywheel and a couple of other odds and ends too) i couldn't leave it there!!!.
[:0][:D][:)]
np

Post by np »

£40 for the whole lot?!?! BARGAIN.Wish i could fine some at that price for my Xantia.
They havn`t got any i `spose?
jon bda

Post by jon bda »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

£40 for the whole lot?!?! BARGAIN.Wish i could fine some at that price for my Xantia.
They havn`t got any i `spose?
Didn't see one soz mate, i just dropped lucky really as its a pretty small yard...was quite gutted as they had a Rover 820 Turbo in as well with some lovely leather Recaros. Some muppet had decided to climb all over them with oily boots and then bend all the backs...
PowerLee

Post by PowerLee »

My 405 already had heated black leather, But no electrics [:(]
I got hold of a set of electric seats out another 405 & then swopped the frames over, Strip all the leather of my frames & built them back up again on the electric ones.
Took a day to do each seat, but was worth it in the end [:D]
np

Post by np »

Mine has all the wires/cables in place.Just need a relay,fuse & switches(heaters).The fronts are ok,but backs are different.Would have to get mine retrimed.Never seen an estate with leather.
Never mind,just have to keep my eye out.
£40!!!Just goes to show you can still get a bargain.
I would think that you could proberly wire them in from scratch.Ie,live + neg to the seats,then all the seat wires to the two cables.Maybe from the battery with in line fuses?Might be easier than using the loom.
Yes/no???Anybody any thoughts...
Maybe you`ve done them already?
jon bda

Post by jon bda »

Gonna leave fitting the seats until i've got it MOT'd (this week hopefully). The passenger seat looks easy (fingers crossed!), the only wiring different to what is on mine is one plug with four wires, a thick black (earth?) 2 thick yellows (12v?) and a thin purple. I'm assuming (until i get a Haynes manual) that the black is earth, the yellows are the lives for the seat motors and heater, and the purple is perhaps a trigger for the seat heater?. The drivers seat is a lot more complicated as it has 3 position memory and a huge bundle of wires hanging out of it...needless to say, i'm thinking of not bothering with all that, the wiring is all tied into the main loom. Its only going to be me driving it so why does it need to remember 3 different seat positions...
[:D]
PowerLee

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Be carefull, There might be some seatbelt pre tensioner trigger wires in those plugs.
jon bda

Post by jon bda »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PowerLee</i>

Hi
Be carefull, There might be some seatbelt pre tensioner trigger wires in those plugs.
Thats why i'm leaving the wiring already present alone...thats what i think is plugged into the bottom of the seats at the moment...
[:)]