And onto the next job! Window regulator Xantia X1 to X2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Re: And onto the next job! Window regulator Xantia X1 to X2

Post by Rhothgar »

greeninfrance wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 19:30 I'm having lots of issues with replacement parts
When the window is raised the plastic pin is supposed to stop, there is a rubber stopper at the top, but it never engages with it, so the motor continues and the wire strips out the plastic. Every time
I buy a new one and fit it, the same thing happens. What is going wrong? Going down is fine as the plastic piece is stopped. I'm thinking of asking a mate to weld a piece at the top as an extra stopper.

This is a big problem for me as I live in France but have a RHD Xantia. Finding parts here to fit the car is a nightmare!

As the car is RHD the regulator is specific to the model. There are plenty of LHD models but the pieces are not the same.

Getting very stressed now trying to sort this out.
Well. I am still not sorted after a year and so I am returning to this thread to look up the part numbers. I did a lot of research regarding hexagonal crimping dies, wire rope and ferrules to be able to make my own cables but now cannot seem to find it.

I have exactly the same problem as you. Autodoc list a window regulator for the drivers side but presumably this would be the left hand side in France...

I have had duct tape holding my window up now for just over a year!
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

admiral51 wrote: 19 May 2023, 19:44 Have a sinking feeling that a certain person whilst doing a clear out may have said that lot can go :(
I missed a joke there. All Citroens drivers have a sinking feeling at some time in their lives.
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

KennyW wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 20:02 Okay Roger will dig them out. Just let me know when and PM address I'll send them down. Make a donation to charity of your choice re postage.

Kenny
Morning Kenny

I'm 3 years on and still not sorted this. Did you ever manage to find that replacement wheel? Was it like the complete kit with wire, wheel and window clip?