Citroen C2 Comms unit issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chunky2778

Citroen C2 Comms unit issues

Post by chunky2778 »

Hi all I am looking at a C2 for a friend, when they leave it overnight the lights can sometimes stay on and flatten the battery.

The fault can be simulated by wiggling the headlamp stalk around, the free play in it then causes the lights to turn on.

I have ordered a new stalk and stripped the Comms unit, however the stalk has a 7-pin ribbon type connector and the car has a 5-pin push on connector.

Does anyone know where I can get the correct stalk please or if I were to get a Comms unit with the correct software and part number, is it plug and play or will I have immobiliser issues?
wheeler

Re: Citroen C2 Comms unit issues

Post by wheeler »

If the Vehicle has ESP the coms unit will have a built in steering angle sensor, if this is the case this will need calibrating however it wont stop the car starting if its not calibrated, will just bring ESP warning on.
If you have no ESP they are plug & play, there is no immobiliser coding in the unit.
C2's have 2 different types of multiplex systems the earlier VAN/CAN systems up till around 2005 then Full CAN from then onwards. You must get one from the correct type.
If the ignition switch has 4 positions (off, acc, ignition & start) its VAN/CAN if it only has 3 positions (off, ignition & start) its full CAN.
chunky2778

Post by chunky2778 »

Thanks Wheeler.

Is this a fault you've come across before? Torn between trying another stalk, only one I can find with the correct looking connector on the end also has an auto function on the end, which the original one doesn't.

Do I need to make sure it's all the right part numbers/software numbers if I go for a Comms unit or just if it's out of something the same year?

It's a 57 plate 1.4 Furio.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Will almost certainly be the later full CAN version then. Needs to be from a model after 2006 & the same spec.
ESP yes/no?
Sensodrive yes/no?
Citroen never sold the stalks separately from the full units. If you were to fit one from a model with auto lights it would likley still work but the auto lights button wouldn’t do anything.
There are loads of different part nos for these but sometimes the only difference between them is the symbols printed on the outside.
For example a model with & without front fog lamps the actual coms unit is electrically identical & both are compatible with each other but they have 2 separate part numbers as one has a front fog lamp symbol on it