Peugeot 3008 - Front Bumper Lower Skirt Removal

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

msionut28

Peugeot 3008 - Front Bumper Lower Skirt Removal

Post by msionut28 »

Hello, lads!

Any tips on how would I go about removing the front bumper lower skirt? It is attached to the front bumper by some clips/ rivets, not really sure so any advice would be much appreciated! Please find attached the uploaded attachment photos for reference. Many thanks!

Stelian
Attachments
cc389c38-8ab5-48a4-9ad5-4be983cebb2f.JPG
c1d787bf-2c8c-4bdf-a76b-c75b2ff71120.JPG
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Re: Peugeot 3008 - Front Bumper Lower Skirt Removal

Post by mickthemaverick »

The clip in your picture looks like one of the common body plug/clips used on plastic bumpers. If you pull out the centre it will free the outer plug and let you pull that out and thus split the parts. If the centre is not separate then prise out the plug with a body trim forked plastic tool. Hope that helps, have a look at this diagram of a bumper on the 206/7 which shows the type of clip you have. Number 80 I believe but it may be one of the others. Good luck :)
BFTW
BFTW
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

The plastic clip/plugs with a plastic pin in the middle, I seem to think the pin is pushed in further so the plug can then be removed.
msionut28

Post by msionut28 »

Really appreciate your help, guys! I'll be back with updates on either Monday or Tuesday, as the part is yet to be delivered. I'll then carry out the swap and hopefully it won't be too complicated, by the looks of it I should be able to carry it out. :wink:

I was also wondering, any ideas if these clips could be reused? I need to know just in case so I can order some new ones. Would you reckon is still good practice to have some extra few ones just in case things go down south? #-o

Stelian
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

It is possible to reuse them as long as you don't damage them as you get them out but in the UK they are pretty cheap so I would renew them automatically to a) be sure they all work properly and b) not have the new part looks spoiled by dirty old clips!! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

Usually clips can be removed and put back many times provided they are not damaged forcing them off and a forked trim removal tool can help.
msionut28

Post by msionut28 »

To be fair, it is not about any extra costs, as I already thought they should be quite cheap, but rather the hassle of having to take one out and then going to a local shops with it just to make sure I'll get some replacements that would fit/ have the same dimensions. Anyhow, never looked it at it from your perspective, so I guess I'll just get some new ones too, as it makes more sense. Many thanks! Cheers!