XUD7TE/9TE BOSCH VE fuel system tuning

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rxdani77

XUD7TE/9TE BOSCH VE fuel system tuning

Post by rxdani77 »

Hello everyone! :)

This post is intended for tuning the good old BOSCH VE injection pump diesel fuel system, where we can share questions, experiences, and advice with each other.

We are building a 205 race car, which features an XUD9/TE engine with a Bosch fuel system.

My specific question is: what possibilities are there for tuning the injection pump? For example, hybrid injection pumps. I've read about replacing the 9mm pump head with the 11mm pump head from the Renault 2.1 TD or from the Ford Transit DI without turbo. In which Renault models was this type of injection pump installed? How can it be implemented?

Injectors:
There are the 175-bar injectors, which models were these installed in? Do the injectors need to be modified for the 11mm pump head? Will it provide enough flow capacity?

LDA valve:
There is also tuning available for this, done for Land Rovers. I managed to get one.
Attachments
LDA tune
LDA tune
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: XUD7TE/9TE BOSCH VE fuel system tuning

Post by RichardW »

There used to loads about tuning these, but given they stopped using them nearly 25 years ago must has probably been lost now! Increasing the boost and compensating the max fuelling on the pump gives useful gains, I remember something about rotating the cam at the top of the pump for better response.
Richard W