Problem with open/closed door sensor?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

obolikol

Problem with open/closed door sensor?

Post by obolikol »

Hi,
I have a problem with my c5 x7 2009r. The Computer thinks that the doors (driver side) is closed at all times. I took off door panel, and unplugged the lock harness, the switch inside seems fine, but when i plugged it back in car told me that the doors are open, even when closed and it wouldnt lock from the pilot. But after a few hours it disappeared and it locked without any problems (now it thinks that are closed at all times again).
Please help!
obolikol.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Problem with open/closed door sensor?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You need to check the wiring harness as it enters the door - inside the tube protector. Wires can become worn and can break from opening and closing the door.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
obolikol

Post by obolikol »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 18:01 You need to check the wiring harness as it enters the door - inside the tube protector. Wires can become worn and can break from opening and closing the door.
Do you maybe have diagram for the plugs from the lock and the combined from the doors?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'll need your VIN. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
obolikol

Post by obolikol »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:40 I'll need your VIN. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
obolikol

Post by obolikol »

I checked without diagram. And the connection between plug and other plug is good.
What else could it be?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've been a little busy today, but here's the diagram. You only have Simple Central Locking (so ne deadlocking on this vehicle).

With the exception of the wiring codes, most of the component codes are indexed here:

PSA Electrical Diagrams - Wiring & Symbols Codes Index

You may want to try a BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure

Marc