Ds7 Crossback N/s rear light replacement

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Clarkeeee

Ds7 Crossback N/s rear light replacement

Post by Clarkeeee »

I have a 2021 DS7 Crossback Louvre. The n/s rear light had water in it and I reported it, double figure emails and phone calls later it has failed and now does not work.
I can’t tell you how bad the customer service has been and the dealership are downright rude and obnoxious. I have now been a week without a car with no end in sight.
Apparently there is a 3 month waiting list for the part 9824986580. Dies anyone know where I can get a cheap quick replacement just until DS get their act together?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Ds7 Crossback N/s rear light replacement

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Unfortunately not unless you opt to go for a second hand replacement - but I'd advise against this as if you do that they may not cover it under warranty, as they use various checks and tests to determine the water level in any ingress to lights before determining whether a replacement is warranted. If you go ahead and intervene they can refuse to do the work on the basis you have undertaken repairs yourself and won't touch it. Further, considering these are £462 :shock: each, I'd be inclined to let them sort it under warranty!

Assuming your car is under warranty and the lights are not cheap, I'd hang on and let them sort it. As long as you have evidence you have reported to the garage and they are dealing with it, you should be covered legally.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc