Remote Activation of Advanced Features such as adaptive cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

toiletman

Remote Activation of Advanced Features such as adaptive cruise control

Post by toiletman »

I've recently bought a used Peugeot 2008 GT Line (2020) with a 1.5 diesel engine and ATN8 automatic transmission.
It's equipped with 12 parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, radar under the bumper, lane assistance, and safety brake, along with a camera for signs.
What my car missing is active cruise control, automatic parking, highway drive assist. I don't know why I don't have these features since I've checked and I have radar under the bumper and also I have feature such as active safety brake (but I only get warnings on my headsup display behind the wheel).

Recently, I came across someone online claiming they can remotely activate additional features like:
- automatic parking,
- advanced grip control
- adaptive cruise control_
- opening windows with remote control
- color themes
- automatic high beam headlights
- diagnosis menu and trip computer on touchscreen

He only needs that you buy a Lexia cable and he can code this to your car via remote connection without needing DiagBox.
His name is PSA Coding, you can find him on facebook.
Is this really possible? He seems legit and also others have mentioned that he successfully managed to enable those features for them.
I know it's probably very risky, internet connection can be interrupted for various reasons and you can end up with ***** up car but anyways, I've asked official peugeot service and they told me you can't enable those features, you only get them if you buy a new car with those features included.
Should I try this guy?
Last edited by toiletman on 17 Mar 2024, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Remote Activation of Advanced Features such as adaptice cruise control

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Correct. most of these features are cost options that cannot just be 'activated'. You have to have the hardware there to start with. There will be different component ECUs and equipment types for some of these features.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
toiletman

Re: Remote Activation of Advanced Features such as adaptice cruise control

Post by toiletman »

Ok, but I do have a radar under the bumper and camera for recognizing traffic signs so he said it probably can we done. I do found the arduino guide from a french guy so I'm willing to try it by myself if there is someone who can point me in the right direction since there is not very clear procedure and I know you probably can't discuss it here. I'm a developer myself and I like to play with those things but playing with cars is new to me. If I understand correctly you build yourself electronics, connect to the car via lexia, turn on the ignition and then read parameters, backup and then change the settings and apply to car unit? or does it require specific sequence of steps? If I should talk about these things you can delete my comment, I apologize.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Remote Activation of Advanced Features such as adaptive cruise control

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Incorrect.

Lexia / Diagbox is the diagnostic software used by PSA. It can be used in online mode with a PSA account and the purchase of diagnostics tokens to configure and telecode, but that will not help you if don't have the correct hardware as I mentioned.

Some units are just for the dynamic Braking, some ARTIV units are for distance maintaining with cruise and work with the correct camera and some use just the camera alone.

Further, online telecoding won't help if the hardware is not there or the correct unit, or software in the BSI and Head Units. As for Lexia / Diagbox PP2000, no, there categorically is NO backup. If you make a change that's it until you undo it. You also cannot change a feature that is not there to start with as I've said and we really can't go into that sort of thing here. I suggest you speak to the person you got half of this misguided info from - or respectfully get the car that has what you wanted in the first place :wink: :)

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

If you post your VIN, we can check what options were actually fitted and enabled at the factory.
toiletman

Post by toiletman »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 20:03 I suggest you speak to the person you got half of this misguided info from - or respectfully get the car that has what you wanted in the first place :wink: :)
Thank you for explanation :)
xantia_v6 wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 21:19 If you post your VIN, we can check what options were actually fitted and enabled at the factory.
VR3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

From what I can see you have:

Cruise Control: Standard Cruise Control and Speed Regulation
Traffic Info Reader: Prevention + correction + detection of edge
Visio Park 1
ARTIV Distance Alert and Camera (but it does not mention what options this has).

Visio Park is just the type of visual aid system with cameras in the rear, and front. Some other versions have additional cameras in the wing mirrors for example.
As for parking assistance, it makes no mention of the type of system you may have, but there is 'Park Assist' and 'Full Park Assist'.

'Park Assist' finds the space and does the manoeuvring, with the driver operating the controls.
'Full Park Assist' is available with the 8 Speed Auto boxes and does the manoeuvring and controls the forward and reverse and braking - however:

You should be aware that due to EU legal changes, it seems that Peugeot, along with Mercedes, Audi and other manufacturers are removing this system. It seems that according to the EU, if you hit somebody or property using automatic parking, then the car manufacturer is responsible and not the driver, so it seems they are not taking the chance on this and are removing / not offering this level of assistance.

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

toiletman wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 21:23
He only needs that you buy a Lexia cable and he can code this to your car via remote connection without needing DiagBox.
His name is PSA Coding, you can find him on facebook.
Is this really possible? He seems legit and also others have mentioned that he successfully managed to enable those features for them.
I know it's probably very risky, internet connection can be interrupted for various reasons and you can end up with ***** up car but anyways
There are many things that you cant just code to activate, not with at a minimum fitting new or different parts.
But as far as the remote coding goes yes this is definitely possible & you dont even need Diagbox or the Lexia interface.
There are a few solutions for this such as OSCA or DTS connect in the UK. You buy their own interface & they Have access to over 50 dealer diagnostic tools which they connect to remotely via their interface. They can then do everything the dealer can do such as software updates, key programming & module coding/calibration. Just plug it in to the OBD socket, Connect battery support then you just start a web chat with the technician live & tell them what you need to do, they will do it all remotely & just tell you when to switch the ignition on & off etc.

As far as risk goes there is always risk whether you are doing it remotely or not. There are certain tasks they will insist on a hard wired ethernet connection rather than WiFi.

Realistically its not feasible for an individual to get this kit to just do one or 2 jobs but many switched on garages have this type of kit now so they dont have to send jobs out to dealers after fitting new parts. Could be worth asking some garages if they have this kit.
toiletman

Post by toiletman »

ok thank you for checking up and for all the tips.. I was actually refering if it is possible with this arduino guide from french guy :)
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

I understood. I was just pointing out that it is possible to do remote coding, even without the diagbox interface.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

And with that comes the risk of screwing up the configuration if any updates if the WiFi goes t*ts up or other interruption I suspect. Not something I'd ever entertain, but at least you have some solutions.

Arduino is most likely being used for unofficial access to the NAC head unit that involves being physically connected to the motherboard.

Marc
toiletman

Post by toiletman »

So if I build arduino by myself I minize this risk or do I still need to have internet connection? Is there any tutorial how to enable certain features or do I have to figure it out by myself? Seems like everyone is just trying to guess the correct codes. I'm a developer myself but would like to learn this.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Nothing we can help you with here as it's totally unsupported officially.

I think we are talking about different things. Internet is needed for online telecoding of any ECUs for this year of vehicle and is usually done via Diagbox by the dealer or Garage for configuring a replacement ECU or other bit of hardware.

The Arduino thing is basically a hacking tool to get access to the Head Unit and this is something not supported here.

Marc
toiletman

Post by toiletman »

ok thank you for everything