Difference between TU1JP HFX and HFZ

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tommm

Difference between TU1JP HFX and HFZ

Post by Tommm »

Would a head gasket set for HFZ TU1JP fit a head gasket on a HFX TU1JP.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Difference between TU1JP HFX and HFZ

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are different cylinder head part numbers for these but can't advise without the VIN for a vehicle with engine code HFZ to compare, so it follows that there will also be different gasket sizes to match.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

If you look at all the cylinder head options for the TU1JP the cylinder heads have different part numbers but from what i can see the head gaskets are all the same part number.
Tommm

Post by Tommm »

They do fit both ! After lots of searching for elring gasket set with part number 332.230 for my Peugeot 206 1.1 I have found an amazing bargain, due in part to this confusion about HFX and HFZ. When searching the part number Euro Car Parts has advertised on Google ‘Citroen berlingo 1.1 332.23’ for £25.99 !! However when you click on the Google ad and go onto the site all information for it like part number, models compatible with, etc are blank, even the title is completely different. If I put in my Reg for the Peugeot, Euro Car Parts website supplies a gasket set from elring that is £113, with the part number, models it’s compatible with etc shown clearly. I ordered the £25.99 one because why it’s so cheap and if I get it and it’s the wrong number one I can give up send it back and fork over the £113 or ~£45-70 from other websites, none of which have anything in stock. Upon receiving the £25.99 gasket set it is the exact same part number as the one advertised for £113 what a steal !! Two products exactly the same on their website. But they show it as incompatible as the £25.99 on their internal catalogue which I saw on their computer screen in the shop appears as only for HFZ. But on the packaging it is for both HFZ and HFX. Their mistake !
ozvtr

Post by ozvtr »

Your scenario is not uncommon.
You really need to do your own home work for this stuff...come to some sort of consensus...make a decision...and "bite the bullet"!!
I have seen bargains like this, but half of my research says it fits...and half says it doesn't! What do you do?
I usually just keep researching until I find something that tips the balance...one way or the other.
Yes, it's a pain but if you are going to save a lot of money...it's worth the trouble.
Why do you get conflicting information??? I don't know!
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

Eurocarparts trade under a few different names on the web but if you get something from one of them the parts can be returned to one of their shops. I did this with a MAP sensor when the wrong part arrived in the post (a cheaper version of the one I ordered) and I was able to swap it at our local shop. So getting the cheaper head gasket was a no brainer knowing it could have been swapped or a refund given at the nearest shop without having to post it back.

Autodoc is another company that trades under a few different names using uk website addresses but they are all in Germany hence highish delivery costs and delivery times but the stuff I have bought from them was good. When you search for a part you think you are getting lots of possible suppliers at similar prices but in reality they are the same suppliers trying to control market prices. A giveaway is the web sites are similar and the head office is the same.