Heat Pumps, One for the engineers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Heat Pumps, One for the engineers

Post by CitroJim »

James, it would be great to see you an Mike on Tuesday :D

Fingers crossed it can all work out...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 20:22 I will have to ask Michel if he can give me a lift. While my C5 is on the road I am getting a nasty noise from the right rear wheel, which I believe is down to the rear arm bearing. I will be getting it sorted out (hopefully she is booked in mid Feb), but I would rather not stress the bearings if I can avoid it.
Check the wheel bolts are tight.
Four of us all young mechanics travelling from Hereford to Brum kept saying "Must get that noisy wheel bearing sorted when we get back to the workshop," when it got too loud we stopped and gave the wheel a shake, one nut was missing and the other three almost at the end of the thread. :shock:
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

Try this video for size and content

Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

And try this channel for more information on uk based calculations.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 20:22 I will have to ask Michel if he can give me a lift.
Going on what Michel said in another thread, it looks like you'll be a pillion passenger James!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

This video gives some insight into a ASHP installion.

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

This is what I presume to be a Heat Pump fitted to one of a group of bungalows provided by a local housing association. Nice bit of business for the United Kindgom Czech Republic.
falcon original
falcon original
Falcon original
Falcon original
Falcon original
Falcon original
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Things move on, probably much of the info in the January 2023 vid a couple of posts back will be superseded by this posted by Steve this morning...
myglaren wrote: 08 Nov 2023, 23:45 A bit waffly and undeniably an Octopus promotion but some interesting points.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I have had a number of offers of a free heat pump installation as I am on pension credit but I will not be applying because the cost of running one will be far more than my existing oil boiler even with oil at its present price.

A ground source heat pump is somewhat of a better deal as it will still be efficient when the temperature is below freezing but far more expensive to install. The houses in the road where my son lives have had them installed free as they are rented housing association houses, except my sons which he is buying on a shared equity scheme, so he doesn't get one!

I used a heat pump for many years to heat our downstairs bedroom which is still there but not working, it probably only needs re gassing which is a job I can do myself but we no longer use that room as since we stopped doing B&B we have moved upstairs as its much warmer. Our experience with it was that when the temperature was above freezing it worked quite well but below freezing you might as well have used an electric heater as the heat gain was minimal.

So unless they have considerably improved their efficiency which is unlikely I wouldn't entertain one - unless they would let me keep my oil boiler as well. 8-)

Peter