Mid Friday afternoon and..........

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Re: Mid Friday afternoon and..........

Post by Rhothgar »

Ahh! Just seen you're trading it in.

I would caution against trading a really old machine in, if that's what it is, because they don't make them like they used to.

I had a Bosch in 1996 which died a couple of years ago. Part of the innards of the motor went and the motor was not readily available but I forget now what the part was called within it. Incredibly reliable machine.

I don't expect the new one to last 5 years and it's a good one.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

In the past I would have repaired it myself or stripped it for parts but I'm trying to clear out 70 years of 'That might be useful" stuff. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 10:23 In the past I would have repaired it myself or stripped it for parts but I'm trying to clear out 70 years of 'That might be useful" stuff. :-D
A man after my own heart as Mick the Maverick and Jim would attest... :rofl2:

Unfortunately, the missus doesn't find it so funny!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 10:23 In the past I would have repaired it myself or stripped it for parts but I'm trying to clear out 70 years of 'That might be useful" stuff. :-D
Same here... I used to have masses of such items but mostly all gone now and if anything loiters for more than a few hours in my presence without declaring it to be immediately useful or potentially valuable it finds itself in the next tip run consignment... I'm ruthless...
Rhothgar wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 10:52
Unfortunately, the missus doesn't find it so funny!
I know... She told me :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

CitroJim wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 14:00
Same here... I used to have masses of such items but mostly all gone now and if anything loiters for more than a few hours in my presence without declaring it to be immediately useful or potentially valuable it finds itself in the next tip run consignment... I'm ruthless...
I hope that doesn't include the unused worktop iron on edging strip!! I have a use for that!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 14:03
CitroJim wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 14:00
I hope that doesn't include the unused worktop iron on edging strip!! I have a use for that!! :-D
Don't forget it's bin day in the morning Mick ;) :lol:

No, nothing that's still potentially needed in the kitchen is ring-fenced - for now :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...