Another Citroen XM in Australia

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Double Helical
Donor 2023

Another Citroen XM in Australia

Post by Double Helical »

I've been hovering around this Board for some time, so it is high time I introduced myself. I own a 1993 XM 2.0i turbo auto, which is a series 1.5 car with series 1 body but hydractive 2. The car is in overall good condition, but has many minor problems both mechanical and electrical. However, it is still a joy to drive. The car was originally sold in the UK and imported to Australia 2nd hand. I also own a 1974 DS23ie auto, which is in good but not pristine condition, has only minor problems and is a joy to drive.
I live in Denmark, a small town on the south coast of WA, so most of my driving is open road ad high speed which both cars enjoy. The main drawback of living where I do is getting work done on the cars.
This board has already provided me with a lot of help and I thank all of those who have contributed the helpful information here.

Ash Murch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Another Citroen XM in Australia

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Ash :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Armidillo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Armidillo »

Hi Ash

There seem to be a few French cars in Denmark (WA) - do you all meet up from time to time? I know I'm not the only French car owner in Armidale (NSW), but sadly we all just seem to do our own thing. Forums like this put us in touch with like-minded people all over the world!!

Have you discovered Club XM, a forum specifically for XM owners? The forum URL is www.club-xm.co.uk

Cheers
Alec
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

1729582-main.jpg
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Double Helical
Donor 2023

Post by Double Helical »

Armidillo wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 15:17 Hi Ash

There seem to be a few French cars in Denmark (WA) - do you all meet up from time to time? I know I'm not the only French car owner in Armidale (NSW), but sadly we all just seem to do our own thing. Forums like this put us in touch with like-minded people all over the world!!

Have you discovered Club XM, a forum specifically for XM owners? The forum URL is www.club-xm.co.uk

Cheers
Alec
Hi Alec,
We do know one another, although there is a new Citroen Ami in town and we haven't caught up with the owner yet. I have discovered club-xm and it has already proved helpful.

cheers

Ash