Scenic 3 child lock not working

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

art_60

Scenic 3 child lock not working

Post by art_60 »

Hi everyone,
Has anybody had this issue. the Child lock function is not working. There is no red light when the button is operated, no sound of the locks operating and no error message. It is as if the button has failed. All the windows operate on the adjacent buttons. Does any one know the best way of removing the drivers side button cluster on the door trim? I would like to check the child/window lock button with a test meter. Is there any other way of getting the child locks to function?

many thanks,
Art_60
art_60

Re: Scenic 3 child lock not working

Post by art_60 »

Update, the master window cluster comes out by removing a T20 Torx, then just unclips. The child lock/rear window lock switch is fine. So issue must be in the harness or harness connections. Does anyone have a schematic? On a side note the engine management is showing a glow plug issue on circuit A, and the car is starting and running smoothly, so hope its not a ECU issue.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Can't help with the wiring diagram but I wouldn't worry too much about the glow plugs. Modern direct injection diesel engines have much less need for preheating before they'll start. You might even be able to get by with the glow plug(s) not working properly when autumn or even winter comes along.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
art_60

Post by art_60 »

Latest update..found a way of getting the child locks to stay on. There is a small lever on each of the back doors, moving this down operates the child lock feature. The car tries to release it several ties before faulting out. You then get a message on the dash board. But at least your toddler cannot now open the door from the inside. Not very fail safe is it???????. So have an electrical issue still. Favourite now is water damage to the harness, think this I have to remove the passenger door and lift up the flooring??? Anyone know for sure?? seems a common issues when the drainage holes clog up in the windscreen wiper bulkhead.
art_60

Post by art_60 »

meant passenger floor, not door :(