My 10 year old Peugeot keeps asking for navigation CD, is there anyway to disable it?

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

ChrisKe

My 10 year old Peugeot keeps asking for navigation CD, is there anyway to disable it?

Post by ChrisKe »

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: My 10 year old Peugeot keeps asking for navigation CD, is there anyway to disable it?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No. Your system is malfunctioning and will only get worse. It would help if you told us which system you had... If you are not sure, pop your VIN up, but there is no way to disable the warning. Your storage media is likely at fault or the hardware. Try switching the function to audio instead of navigation to see if that reduced message frequency.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: My 10 year old Peugeot keeps asking for navigation CD, is there anyway to disable it?

Post by Paul-R »

Sounds like it might be an RT6 system.

@ChrisKe Have you done a recent update of the maps or speed cameras?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
ChrisKe

Post by ChrisKe »

It's RT6 unit. How do I check the SD card?
GiveMeABreak wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 16:35 No. Your system is malfunctioning and will only get worse. It would help if you told us which system you had... If you are not sure, pop your VIN up, but there is no way to disable the warning. Your storage media is likely at fault or the hardware. Try switching the function to audio instead of navigation to see if that reduced message frequency.
ChrisKe

Post by ChrisKe »

It is RT6 and I've never used the map or cams. I use my phone
Paul-R wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 17:46 Sounds like it might be an RT6 system.

@ChrisKe Have you done a recent update of the maps or speed cameras?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

ChrisKe wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 20:56It is RT6 and I've never used the map or cams. I use my phone
That rules out my possibility then. I had exactly the same message after updating the maps on the C5 one time. The problem was that the map data had become corrupted on the radio (I had accidentally stopped the engine before the update had finished uploading). I sorted the problem out when I uploaded the next map updates when they came out.

This is not the cause of your problem but it might be a solution if the micro SD is not at fault.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​