HELPPPPP, Dealer just want money money money money

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Re: HELPPPPP, Dealer just want money money money money

Post by yingxue2022 »

Rhothgar wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 15:18 Cool. Let us know how you get on. The key thing is to remain reasonable and respectful at all times so far as is possible.

“Firm but fair!” as an old boss of mine used to say.
Complained to the dealership general manager and they said it is because the tank they replaced is defective. All sounds very strange that they shipped the old part straight to Citroen, hopefully it will be replaced and fix this time...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

It all sounds quite suspicious.
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

It is very possible that a new part is faulty but it is VERY rare.

When I have issues or have things that think could become an issue. I make file notes like a solicitor would with dates, times and screenshots of phone calls and/or phone log just in case.

It is always good to write down the facts immediately just in case they are needed for future reference.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm thinking it is more than the tank - possibly the Urea injector or supply to / from the tank that may be the cause. We know that the NOx sensors can need replacing, but I would of hoped they would of checked that.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 10:47 I'm thinking it is more than the tank - possibly the Urea injector or supply to / from the tank that may be the cause. We know that the NOx sensors can need replacing, but I would of hoped they would of checked that.
is that something major? how much will it cost to fix it? I have checked with Citroen and they now say it is possible to get an extended warranty (up to 100000miles), is it worth for me to keep the van or maybe like the garage people say just get rid of it? it is done 26k miles not even 3 years old... and new vans are also exteremly expensive 8-[ :( :( any suggestions? thanks
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

Rhothgar wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 10:01 It is very possible that a new part is faulty but it is VERY rare.

When I have issues or have things that think could become an issue. I make file notes like a solicitor would with dates, times and screenshots of phone calls and/or phone log just in case.

It is always good to write down the facts immediately just in case they are needed for future reference.
Yes I did but I doubt it will be much of use... they know that sometimes we dont have that much time to deal with the issue, the service advicer at the branch seems really nice person and told me just to get rid of it. I think he meant to give me a good advise, but somehow I still feel that shouldnt be something coming out from them. i dont know cars let along vans.... headaches, just hope a new tank might solve the problem but I still have doubts. Dont trust them any more :( :( :( :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You have made some progress in now being offered a further extended warranty. Now you just need to get the current problem fixed from the last repair. Stick with it, stand your ground and don't be put off.

An extended warranty is worth it in my opinion, when you consider the cost of an Adblue tank at nearly a £1000 alone, so I would recommend it if you can once you get this issue sorted and if you are then happy with the van once fixed and your existing warranty expires.

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 16:47 You have made some progress in now being offered a further extended warranty. Now you just need to get the current problem fixed from the last repair. Stick with it, stand your ground and don't be put off.

An extended warranty is worth it in my opinion, when you consider the cost of an Adblue tank at nearly a £1000 alone, so I would recommend it if you can once you get this issue sorted and if you are then happy with the van once fixed and your existing warranty expires.
what about NOx sensor, is it expensive to fix?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well the part alone can be around £250 to £350 depending on model.

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

yingxue2022 wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 09:24 All sounds very strange that they shipped the old part straight to Citroen
Not really strange, many high value parts need pre authorisation from PSA before fitting. The return request could have been submitted before they even fitted the new one.
The new tank could be faulty, PSA are still having issues with adblue systems to this day so its not to say the new tanks are much better.
Theres also a good chance the fault could have been misdiagnosed in the first place & the tank wasn’t the actual problem.
I really don’t believe they never replaced the tank if they told you they did. If they were caught doing this they can get a massive fine off PSA or potentially loose the franchise. They would also draw loads of attention from PSA for a warranty audit that can easily end up costing them 10’s of thousands of pounds.
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

sigh...so what exactly do I do? does this mean I should really just get rid of the van and find another vechile that doesnt require Ad blue / hiybrid or electrical?
This is frustrating... :( :( :( :(
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 29 Apr 2022, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed repeated Quotes
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Most diesel vans a few years old will all have similar systems to meet the Euro standards, so that's really not going to solve your issue.

I suggested you stick with the dealer who repaired the tank and if they won't look at it again, contact Citroen Headquarters and escalate the issue.

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

yes that was also another concern, I am worried that I might have ad blue signal problem with other vans too... The dealership told Citroen that a new tank is needed again,and that was it. I have requested full diagnose report, and asked if Citroen can refer me to another dealership who is better with ad blue problem. This garage is strange from day 1, they checked the ad blue and told me that a new tank is needed etc. However they simply put down customer require new tank to be changed in the report. :^o :^o :^o
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 29 Apr 2022, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed repeated Quotes
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think you need to wait until Citroen respond - it seems you are now waiting for a response. Keep ringing up Head Office until you get a resolution. Tell them you are without a vehicle or can't use it reliably (whatever the case is) until the issue is resolved.

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

yingxue2022 wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 17:05 sigh...so what exactly do I do? does this mean I should really just get rid of the van and find another vechile that doesnt require Ad blue / hiybrid or electrical?
This is frustrating... :( :( :( :(
Most of the big manufacturers have problematic adblue system's. Ford are no better and the VAG & JLR systems are awful.

The dealer Diagbox diagnostic system saves diagnostic traces & PSA can check these to see what tests were done, when & how long it was connected etc. Another reason why I dont believe they would lie about the tank replacement. They will likely look at the traces to authorise a second tank.