Greetings from the Netherlands

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Sjoegerd

Greetings from the Netherlands

Post by Sjoegerd »

Greetings all!

Hello from the Netherlands. My name is Sjoerd, I'm 29 years old and living with my girlfriend and our three furry friends. I work in the parts department of a VW/Audi dealer :oops: , but used to work at a Peugeot dealer.
I found this forum to hopefully find more technical information to fix our baguettes on wheels.

My first car was a Citroën AX and since then I was hooked to the (kind of) simplicity of the Citroën and Peugeot cars. Cheap to run, pretty easy to fix and parts for good prices (and I needed some :roll: ).

A few months ago I bought a Citroën Xsara 1.6-16v Exclusive with an automatic gearbox for my girlfriend (she likes some Citroëns also, her dad drove BX and now a C4 Picasso). It is a joy to drive, very comfortable and quiet compared to the Saxo we also have.

Unfortunately, the Xsara has some issues, thanks to this forum I fixed some of them but not all of them. I will make a separate topic about this soon.

I hope to fix the Xsara with the help of you and maybe I can contribute to the community as well!

With kind regards,

Sjoegerd
furriegurrie

Re: Greetings from the Netherlands

Post by furriegurrie »

Hi Sjoerd,

I’m sure you’ll find loads of help here, it’s a very well managed and good source of information with very knowledgeable people! But are you aware that there is a very good Dutch Citroën forum which might be useful too?
Sjoegerd

Post by Sjoegerd »

furriegurrie wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 20:55 Hi Sjoerd,

I’m sure you’ll find loads of help here, it’s a very well managed and good source of information with very knowledgeable people! But are you aware that there is a very good Dutch Citroën forum which might be useful too?
Hi furriegurrie,

I'm aware of the Dutch Citroën Forum. I'm also getting a lot of information from it, but thanks for noticing!
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Hi Sjoerd

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get all of your problems sorted.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Tiagovp

Post by Tiagovp »

Hi and welcome!!