Peugeot partner diesel wont stop

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

015karlos

Peugeot partner diesel wont stop

Post by 015karlos »

Hi all,
I have a peugeot partner diesel, the diesel pump had a bad fuel leak from the front of the pump, where the timing belt wheel is, after taking the pump off i decided it would be easier to change pumps rather than fixing the old one. I replaced the unit from another peugeot ( lucas unit ) i took off the security shield at the rear of the pump and replaced the stop solenoid with a single wire one from the local motor factors. I wired it to the live wire on the reversing light switch. Everything seemed good, the van started straight away, but.........
When i turned the ignition off, the engine keeps running and i have to kill the engine by pushing on the lever next to the cambelt. I have checked and have no power to the solenoid when ignition is off.
Is it something not connected properly ? This has been teasing me for two days now and im about to set about it with a large hammer please help !!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot partner diesel wont stop

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Post your VIN up so we can see what you have...
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
015karlos

Post by 015karlos »

Hi thanks for reply. Will post vin shortly ( not at van at minute). Ta.
015karlos

Post by 015karlos »

Hi vin number is....
VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
015karlos

Post by 015karlos »

Have just had another mess with the van, the van started without the live wire connected ! So im presuming that either the plunger isnt sealing right or the spring isnt strong enough to create a seal to stop the fuel ? I did notice that the original solenoid had a larger spring, so will try to find it and swap spring and if it fits plunger. Will update in an hour, fingers crossed !!
015karlos

Post by 015karlos »

Fixed !!!!!!
It now starts and stops.
For anyone else having this problem, here is my findings:
The new single wire solenoid has a rubber cap on the end of the plunger, when comparing with the old unit i noticed that the old unit rubber was flat on the top, where as the new rubber had a lip on, so i simply swapped rubbers, put the van back together put a live to the solenoid fired it up, took the live off and hey presto the van cut out.......
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Well done, once the frustration has gone and you start thinking more clearly - you get there.

Peter