DS5 Semi Auto 1.6 13 Reg

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmonamor

DS5 Semi Auto 1.6 13 Reg

Post by Citroenmonamor »

My DS5 had a number of problems I had to get the Clutch/Flywheel changed, the drivers front ABS ring and sensor changed..I used a Lexia with Diagbox to diagnose the faults. I need to program the gearbox now but I have a P171a brake signal fault and although the car drives in manual I can't get auto and the brake lights staying permanently on. I did previously change the brake pedal sensor on the passenger footwell with a gm part with same part number. I have tried deleting the error codes but it comes back with the fault code. We did change the Geatbox ECU as the old one was faulty. Any ideas please
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: DS5 Semi Auto 1.6 13 Reg

Post by RichardW »

If you've got Diagbox then check the status of the two signals from the brake switch. They should be the same and change together.
Richard W
Citroenmonamor

Post by Citroenmonamor »

How do I do that please?
Citroenmonamor

Post by Citroenmonamor »

With continuity on the switch itself unplugged or on the wiring plug ?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

If you go into standard parameter measurements then you should be able to see the status of the two switches, and they should change together. However, I did a bit of a search on this code and it may in fact be related to the signal from the alternator. Is yours stop / start? Where did the replacement ECU come from?
Richard W