206cc roof issue & fix.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

206cc roof issue & fix.

Post by Huskyxantia »

206cc Roof acting like a stroppy teen.

My 206cc was parked up just before the mot expired & sorned for the winter. I did run it up a few times to keep the engine lubricated but didnt lower the roof enough times due to some rubbish weather & life getting in the way. Last week on a dry but chilly afternoon i started the car & thought lets put the roof down it worked ok & this gave me the chance to give the interior a clean , mould was present & i didnt want things turning into a scene from "The last of us" So with all the cleaning done time to close the roof all was good job done. The following week it wouldnt open just an alarm,so i undertook the manual open and close procedure hoping this would reset the roof but it didnt, i had to manipulate the relays next to the pump to lock the boot latches that worked,but the operation of raising the roof didnt, just the alarm again.
So today i plugged pp2000 see photos attached then decided to clear these faults & try the roof off thingy again hey presto ! Working again, I did open and close the roof about 7 times as it was noisey the first time but by the 7th it was back to normal. How ever when the boot lid locks it locks left side first right side second. I can live with that & are now much relived the roof now works , I will mot the car May or June then the heavey old 307sw can have a rest.
Roof relay location 206cc
The relays are under the thick rubber cover of the pump

This link covers the roof open n close procedure
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic ... 3&start=15

And this might be useful

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-20 ... im01f3.htm

This video link shows manual open or close of the roof

If you have to use the relay manipulation use a small pice of wood like a lolly stick as i used my fingers maybe the reason i got live to earth nagging with pp200. But it did lock my boot catches when all else failed , so , the left one is for opening, the right one for closing. So the right relay locks the catches to the boot lid. If you still have the audio alarm then your need pp2000 to do its stuff. I wiped the fault codes the roof works, pp2000 again no faults. Also to add , make sure the roof catches are locked and the pump in the boot is closed
Last edited by Huskyxantia on 26 Feb 2023, 15:45, edited 2 times in total.
Husky. :?
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Re: 206cc roof issue & fix.

Post by Huskyxantia »

The missing photo of faults
20230226_120049.jpg
Last edited by myglaren on 26 Feb 2023, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Photo added
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

myglaren thank you for your help
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Update , Roof still doing what it was made to do .
Michael1994

Post by Michael1994 »

Hello I'm having the same issue with my mums car. I have put the roof down and back up manually. And now stuck with the clips not engaging to lock the boot lid down. It's just held shut with the little clips. I located the pump and 2 relay connected to it. But couldn't find any way to activate the relay to make the clips lock into place. Any chance you could talk me through how to do this and secure my mums car for her. I couldn't seem to get the relay apart. I have tried everything I can think of but the clips don't want to move. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Michael1994 on 08 Sep 2023, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

You could try a neat trick I have discovered, if you look inside the pumps rubber housing there are 2 black relays, the left one is for opening, the right one for closing.

After making sure that the hydraulic tap is closed, pop the cover off the right relay and physically press the contact inside and the pump will close all the latches including the boot lid latches, make sure you have the top hooks in place before you try this :!:
Michael1994

Post by Michael1994 »

Thank you very much for the reply i will get over to my mums in the next few days and try this. Could you just confirm what you mean by the top hooks? And is the contact obvious what I need to press when I get the relay apart? Sorry for all the questions just don't want to mess it up. Thanks again for taking the time to help. Regards Michael
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

The little clip type hooks the move as shown in the video for manual roof operation, make sure they are in the auto postion if you watch the video it will show which way they need to go and yes the contact will be obvious once the relay housing is removed , as i recall you push it down to make it work made me jump when i did it as the locking of the lid sprung into life, once the lid is locked pop the cover back on the relay and put everything back as it was ,close the boot as normal making sure that screen is pulled out into its fully open position and the roof should now function as it was made too, also make sure the cars battery is fully charged as i found out when i had my 206cc a naff battery can cause roof and other silly issues. As for asking lots of questions thats no problem , if you dint ask your never know. Good luck keep us posted.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Only thing i found showing location of said relays.
Just incase anyone else may have same issue.
Attachments
Circled are the relays.
Circled are the relays.
Michael1994

Post by Michael1994 »

Hello mate I'm with my mums car now, I have split the relay but not sure we're I should be pushing to make the lock work I will try attach an image. Thanks again
Attachments
20230915_101457.jpg
Michael1994

Post by Michael1994 »

I have popped cover off now I think I was in the wrong part of the relay, the only thing I can see is a connection on the side I have tried pushing it to make contact in both relays and neither are doing anything.
Attachments
20230915_103639.jpg
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

So, both are doing nothing.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/2 ... wn.363865/ have a read see if this may help
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Found this paragraph ..
it's the small rubber piece located at the bottom of the set of 3 microswitches that has been missing,it acted as a pushrod to the final microswitch sequance, i found it in the boot, i tape it back and the roof works perfectly.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

And found this paragraph too.

You could try a neat trick I have discovered, if you look inside the pumps rubber housing there are 2 black relays, the left one is for opening, the right one for closing.

After making sure that the hydraulic tap is closed, pop the cover off the right relay and physically press the contact inside and the pump will close all the latches including the boot lid latches, make sure you have the top hooks in place before you try this

If you get beeps after this pp2k is the only option.