Particle filter

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Synergietom

Particle filter

Post by Synergietom »

Hi ive just had a msg on the dash saying clear particle filter on my 06 Grand scenic 1.9 deisel but i cant find it in the ussuall place can anyone tell me where it is
Thanks
Tom
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
spider

Post by spider »

It might be referring to the exhaust system particulate filter not to a cabin filter... :?:
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

spider wrote:It might be referring to the exhaust system particulate filter not to a cabin filter... :?:
Almost certainly!
The ECU is hardly going to bother itself over a pollen filter.

The particle filter is in the exhaust system ahead of the cat and often in the same 'container'.

Try giving the car a decent run at a fair speed*, which should burn out most of the accumulated crap that gets trapped there if you do a lot of town driving or short trips that don't get the engine thoroughly up to temp.

*I can see the obvious problem with that one at the moment, but when the snow & ice clear.
Synergietom

Post by Synergietom »

Thanks Guys i took it for a run yesterday and the message clearedbut before i did i booked it in to have the data read for free at the same place as it was serviced before i bought it so i think ill still take it in and get them to give me a list of current faults ( if any )
would this blokage cause low economy as im strugling to get 35 mpg since the message came up.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time