Xantia fuel flap locking pin

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

di11on

Xantia fuel flap locking pin

Post by di11on »

I'm having problems with the fuel flap locking pin, it has seized up and I need to know how to get to the motor otherwise I will not be able to put any fuel in the car , nearly got an empty tank, any info will be much appreciated, di11on.
AndersDK

Post by AndersDK »

Not knowing for sure on Xantia, I still think the fuel flap lock pin may be reached from inside luggage room, behind inner covering.
This was possible on CX'es, guess Citroen still left a designed way to acces the lock an Xantia's also.
Once you get a chance to let your Xantia have a most-needed drink, have the central-lock mechanism serviced. Likely it's dry & rusty.
di11on

Post by di11on »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

Not knowing for sure on Xantia, I still think the fuel flap lock pin may be reached from inside luggage room, behind inner covering.
This was possible on CX'es, guess Citroen still left a designed way to acces the lock an Xantia's also.
Once you get a chance to let your Xantia have a most-needed drink, have the central-lock mechanism serviced. Likely it's dry & rusty.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
di11on

Post by di11on »

Thanks Andersdk, have tried that but no luck unable to get to the motor from inside the car, just wandering if you have to go up under the rear wheelarch.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)

Post by JohnD »

If you get yourself a pair of fine pointed scissors you'll be able to put them between the edge of the flap and the bodywork. Grip the plunger with the scissors, gradually moving the plunger back into the housing. Once the flap is open you can get to the plunger. Go carefully and you won't mark the paintwork.
frankie

Post by frankie »

I experienced this one at my local filling station. I gained access via the wheel arch (couldn't find a way in from inside). Fiddled about with it while activating the central locking and luckily it released and let me in. I then removed the lock and now have a non-lockable fuel filler. Thereafter boot, and both rear door locks failed over the course of about a year (boot lock is same naff part). If it fails to release, you can probably cut it away, it is mostly plastic apart from the pin.
Xantia TD 95