matrix heater hose leaking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fred perry

matrix heater hose leaking

Post by fred perry »

hi ,can anyone help me round the problem of a matrix heater hoses that leads from the bulk head to the engine one with a t-bar in it . citroen want £150 for a new one ,is there any cheaper solutions? the car is a xantia 1.9 td without air con, 1993.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Your choices are limited if you don't want to pay the £151.53!

It's effectively 2 main hoses siamesed together incorporating the plastic knuckle that plugs into the bulkhead for the heater matrix.

EVEN if these are equal diameter at either end, they're specifically shaped and the T piece take off on one of them is definitely a smaller diameter so you'll have to go making your own T joint with house plumbing joints ON TOP of making a secure join onto the bulkhead joint...

The options would seem to be:

the easiest option - scrap-yard donor for a few quid and take a chance...

repair the leak area using self amalgamating tape with a decent hose repair kit...

[these do work - yes really, I've seen this firsthand!]

buy a new one for Citroen!!

What will be critical is after disturbing the bulkhead joint, new O rings will be needed and the refastening will have to be well clipped home on the 'quick release' spiring!

Andrew
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Andrew,

Is it similar to the BX one as shown here? (bottom RH corner pic)

http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/H ... 0Valve.jpg

If so, we recently made a few inquiries and discovered we can fabricate one from stainless steel tubing and bolt it on where the plastic one is now fitted on by the 4 nuts and bolts. If so, it might be an option as we discovered that if we ordered a few, the price came down substantially against the price of a one off item.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

As far as I can determine the offending leak is somewhere on item 4 in the following illustration:

As per typical Citroen, it's not just one straightforward even diameter hose is it... :roll: Guess it's no surprise then that they're after such silly money.

Andrew