Citroen C3 1.2i vibration when pulling off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stefano65
New User

Citroen C3 1.2i vibration when pulling off

Post by Stefano65 »

Hi, I have a 2005 C3 1.2 with semi-automatic gearbox and 110,000km. When I start the engine and pull off, there is a vibration for 2/3 seconds which is stronger with cold engine or when on an incline. otherwise the vibration disappears unless the engine is under strain and in low gear. I have been told that it may be the clutch slipping until it warms up. We re-calibrated the gearbox and it did help but only for a few hours of city driving then came back. Are we right in focusing on the clutch? is it an expensive repair? Many thanks for your help.
ozvtr

Re: Citroen C3 1.2i vibration when pulling off

Post by ozvtr »

Yes, most likely the clutch. The Sensodrive is basically the same as a "manual" gearbox. So changing the clutch should not cost much more than a manual clutch change.
HOWEVER!!! The clutch actuator will need to be reset before installation. This process is very simple but most mechanics don't know how to do it.
If you can find a mechanic who knows how to reset the actuator, fine. If they stare at you like you just grew another head, move on!
If worst comes to worst, there are tutorials on YouTube and posts on here on how to reset the actuator. You could pass them on to your chosen mechanic.