Automatic gearbox problem - changes at 2000 RPM and above from 1st to 2nd gear

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Simonssen
New User

Automatic gearbox problem - changes at 2000 RPM and above from 1st to 2nd gear

Post by Simonssen »

Hi guys,

First post here, but I couldn't find anyone with the same issue, so I decided to create a separate post about it.

I'm driving a lovely 508 Feline 2.0 HDi 180 sedan from 2015 and everything was fine until I decided to partially replace the oil in the EAT 6 automatic transmission. Before that the gearbox was changing gears at very low RPMs, which made for a very relaxing and comfortable drive.

After partially changing the oil it began changing gears up and down a bit smoother than before, but I noticed it stayed at 1st gear for way too long. Basically, it never changes to 2nd gear below 2000 RPM and that's the bare minimum. If I just get to 2000 RPM and keep it there for a second and it changes up. Otherwise, if I keep pressing the accelerator, it goes close to 2500 RPM and then changes, which makes for a lot of engine noise and it ruins the comfort for no good reason.

I do have the flappy steering wheel shift paddles, but it ruins the idea of the automatic of just not thinking about changing gears yourself.

I've partially changed the oil two additional times (a total of 3 now), the local garage has also reset the gearbox as it apparently adapts to your style (I'm not driving like mad or anything, pretty relaxed actually), but the issue is still there. The problem is only present from 1st to 2nd gear, the EAT6 does a splendid job at changing up in all other gears so I'm assuming it's something to do with the ECU or some of the solenoids going bad?

Any help will be greatly appreciated because this is driving me mad and ruining an otherwise really comfortable car, which I truly like. And I don't want to spend unnecessary amounts of money on a new or used gearbox...

Thanks.
Wacd

Re: Automatic gearbox problem - changes at 2000 RPM and above from 1st to 2nd gear

Post by Wacd »

Hello Simonssen,
Did you find a solution to your problem? I'm kinda experiencing something similar lately.