Kms / Miles flashing on Instrument Panel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scotcruz

Kms / Miles flashing on Instrument Panel

Post by scotcruz »

Hi folks,

I have recently replaced the RD45 radio with one of the Chinese 9" Android head units. It came with Raise canbus decoder and installation went fine.

The only issue is that the speedo keeps switching between kilometers and miles. I have tried selecting 307 from the list which works fine, however only volume button work on steering wheel.

Has anyone experience this before? The Raise canbus is PSA-RZ-15.

Please advise.
Attachments
20221106_145134.jpg
wheeler

Re: Kms / Miles flashing on Instrument Panel

Post by wheeler »

On my android head unit there is a learning procedure where you teach the unit what you want each steering control button to do, does yours have this?
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

These Chinese CANBUS adapters are fairly hit-and-miss.

Lots of people complain of weird things happening after fitting them, as you can see here:

Code: Select all

https://forum.xda-developers.com/search/51844759/?q=PSA-RZ-15&o=relevance
Can you get any support from whoever you got it from, I guess not?

Edit: found this...dunno if it's of any use:

ImageImage
scotcruz

Post by scotcruz »

wheeler wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 21:18 On my android head unit there is a learning procedure where you teach the unit what you want each steering control button to do, does yours have this?
I don't have this but buttons aren't an issue as I can get them to work.. its the speedo that goes mental.
Ross_K wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 21:48 These Chinese CANBUS adapters are fairly hit-and-miss.

Lots of people complain of weird things happening after fitting them, as you can see here:

Code: Select all

https://forum.xda-developers.com/search/51844759/?q=PSA-RZ-15&o=relevance
Can you get any support from whoever you got it from, I guess not?

Edit: found this...dunno if it's of any use:

Yeah I have started some threads there too but haven't had a response.

I have the seen the YouTube video you posted, the guy is using Hiworld Canbus instead of Raise, but I notice his headunit is different too.. there are so many different ones with different chips etc and Android Version (mine is Android 12)

Seller is hopeless (on Aliexpress).. I guess they buy it from wholesalers and sell it for profit with no clue about the product..

I came across a comment in my travels (guy from Russia) that the canbus need to show on the BSI in Lexia.. I don't know what it meant.. I have diagbox but haven't had chance to look into it.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

When i researched this from what i understand the ‘CAN bus’ adapter is only needed on cars with the factory fitted amplifier system. My car is full CAN but my android head unit does not have the CAN bus adapter. Been installed for about a year now & everything is working 100% good. No programming with diagbox/Lexia was needed.
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

Speaking of CANBUS I just remembered some advice I got when replacing the factory radio in my Prius:

Start connecting cables, adapter boxes etc to the head unit and work your way back to the car's wiring harness...as errors can be introduced if you start connecting things the other way around, e.g. a CANBUS adapter with nothing connected to it yet
ImageImage
Mikey1963
New User

Post by Mikey1963 »

Hi, can anyone tell me how to change kmh to mph after fitting an aftermarket stereo to my peugeot 3008 (2015).
My car dash instrument panel has changed from mph to kmh & have read that i need to change the settings in the canbus but do not know the pass code to it, it is none of the pass codes that came with the new unit & although the steering wheel arms work i.e music vol, pause etc i still can't seem to change the speedo from kmh to mph. Many thanks for any info regarding this problem...
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Plug the original radio back in & change the fuel consumption units from Litres per100KM to MPG & it will change the speedo back.
DustyBAT

Post by DustyBAT »

This doesn't work. I'm having the same issues with a Chinese android unit. As soon as I plug the quad lock connector in the mileage/ speed etc reverts to kmh. I tried plugging the original HU back in, changed it back to mph and as soon as I plug the android unit back in it changes straight back to kmh. I've tried changing it in the canbus menu and that doesn't work either
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Then you'll probably find that your Android unit may only support KMs not Miles - may depend on the version for the specific market if you can't find the configuration options on the unit itself.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Only thing that may work is resetting it back to MPH then disconnect the instrument panel plug the new head unit in first & switch it on then re connect instrument panel at the end.
Are you sure you haven missed a setting? mines has a setting in the GPS menu for speed units & mines even displays the speed (in MPH) on the home screen as i drive around.