Spent it!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Spent it!

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Took a trip to Renault Cardiff yesterday part-exed the Zoe for 70 reg red Zoe GT line model, collecting it next Friday. Skint again :-D
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Re: Spent it!

Post by mickthemaverick »

I'll look forward to some pics of that and more details of course! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Excellent Gibbo, well done. Is it going to be delivered to your door, with a pick up of your old car, or are you going to Cardiff to do the exchange in the old fashioned way? er...should have read your post..."collecting it next Friday".

If anyone is interested I wonder which auction they will put the old Zoe through? Probably a trade only thing but I would have thought that it would be a decent bargain basement buy for someone, and I guess RCI or whatever they call themselves probably wouldn't be looking to perpetuate the lease arrangement or require much of a payment to free the car of the battery lease.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Think I might need some lessons in how to use/drive it. :) so much gadgetry.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Rather you than me Gibbo, no doubt sufficient gadgetry to ensure you know what's on Netflix but no chance of drifting the car in the snow!! :-D
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Had a scare this morning, did a go compare look up for insurance on the new car, quotes were in the £1400-£1800 range. (Old age don't come cheap)
Went back to Direct Line got it for just over £700 about £40 more than the last time on the original Zoe.
Age-Uk through LV wanted £1880.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Crikey!

Ever considered a bus pass? :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

That shines out as a classic case of tarring all in a certain category with the same brush. I think it is high time for the insurance industry to operate a voluntary driver MOT scheme. Thus you could have the opportunity to go along and prove your driving ability regardless of age and thereby get a quote much more commensurate with your individual situation. Please don't shout 'It would be too complex' or 'who's going to fund it' or 'why would they want to' Just consider the merits of the idea and leave it at that! :-D
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Crazy prices, but I do see the higher risk - especially round here, some quite elderly people should just give up driving as they are a liability. Having said that, I could say the same about a lot of white van man types and boy racers.

Many don't know what an indicator is used for
Many think they're in a car park at a roundabout junction
Conversely, there are those that think they're still in Greece and have rights going onto the roundabout.

It's worse here with the 20 MPH imposed blanket speed limits (soon to be reversed by the end of the year thank God) where there are those that always drive about 5 miles or more under the limit, so we regularly get the pensioner outings doing 14-15 in the 20 that causes road rage....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Going down to Cardiff on Saturday the M48 has a long length of 40 mph road between Chepstow and Newport with repeat signage all the way, completely ignored by pretty well all.
If they had speed cameras on that stretch it would raise enough money to fill Wales' annual budget in no time. :-D
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Shhhh. Don't give them ideas.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

So here's the beastie. Renault Cardiff allowed £2600 on the old car and threw in a three year tyre damage guarantee and paint protection treatment for free.
The car is a Zoe GT line with all the imaginable gadgets and a range around 240 miles between charges, also has fast charging set up.
First thing I noticed driving it back was how much better the suspension is compared to the earlier one, sort of French instead of German.
Attachments
IMGP2785.JPG
IMGP2783.JPG
IMGP2782.JPG
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I hope you will be very happy together.

Need to sort out the illegal registration plates though :roll:
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Looks great Gibbo, enjoy lots of motoring for pleasure in it, and pop the camera in the glovebox and take some "brochure" shots of your new purchase on your travels. The gorgeous bridge at Chepstow would provide a nice backdrop to a picture for a start.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Looks very nice indeed Gibbo!! Well done, I look forward to seeing some of your adventures!! :-D