Peugeot 207 1.4VTI P1337

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bluntzMastah

Peugeot 207 1.4VTI P1337

Post by bluntzMastah »

Hello everyone.

So we bought this tiny little car for my girlfriend and I did some work on it, but still it has problems. I did some research and found this thread: viewtopic.php?t=74134 , I am facing similar problem, but not quite the same.

So after we bought the car, there was an oil leak from chain tensioner. Fixed.
Did an oil change and filters change.
Car was stalling from time to time so replaced VVT solenoid. Fixed.

Now this is where the fun part begins. I have cheap OBD reader and I am getting P1337 error code which says missfire in cylinder 1. So today I went to the car, identified which one is cylinder 1 ( gearbox side, looking from front of the car -> ) and before blindly changing ignition coil or spark plug I did a test by swapping coils and spark plugs with cylinder 3 and I am still getting P1337. The spark plug which is in cylinder one gets a bit oily after cleaning it and re-testing everything again. But it doesn't look too excesive, but yes - a little wet. I will do some kilometres with it and will remove spark plug again to see how it looks and I will take a picture. Also, I found carbon build up on the spark plug which was in cylinder 1 ( around centre electrode ).

What I've noticed, that usually ( I don't drive this car a lot ) you cold start the car and everything works fine, then it reaches working temperatures and starts failing ( shaky engine ), then fan kicks in and stays exactly 5mins on even when the car is switched off. Car cools down, I clear error code and start it again -> again it works great and when it warms up it starts failing. Every test I did the code is the same P1337.

Car is not oeverheating, liquids not mixing, interior heating works properly, antifreeze levels not droping.

Also, CEL light is on and anti-pollution sometimes appears on the dash.

We've been to MOT and it had co2 out of norms, then we left it to seller and he passed it ( for money, probs ).

Any chance anyone could point me where to look and how to test when I look?

Thanks in advance.
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Re: Peugeot 207 1.4VTI P1337

Post by PaulC5 »

Could be an injector fault as is listed as a possible problem in your link. Also in this one https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=2007777
bluntzMastah

Post by bluntzMastah »

PaulC5 wrote: 02 May 2024, 21:34 Could be an injector fault as is listed as a possible problem in your link. Also in this one https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=2007777
Yes I did some more research and tomorrow I will try and swap injectors and see if the code changes. I will update thread as far as I know something.

Let's hope for the best.
bluntzMastah

Post by bluntzMastah »

So removed injectors today, swapped 1st with 3rd and still the same. AGAIN swapped ignition coil and spark plug and still the same. P1337 and I confirmed that it is definetely in 1st cylinder by removing the plug from the coil which sits in cylinder one.

The car drives fantastic when cold, then it reaches working temperature and the fun begins. I think I can confirm this 100% now as I did few tests. Fan kicks in -> I reset error -> 5mins fan off -> start the car and everything's good again.

Where next to look? This is a bloody mystery...

Also my cheap OBD reader shows something I can't understand as ECU #3 and ECU #4 and these does not reset after clearing codes even on ignition only and the one where OBD-II only throws P1337 and after clearing like I mentioned there's CEL gone, error itself cleared, car starts fantastic, idles nice when cold and reaches working temps and booom everything repeats. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Spark plugs not oily, and when I removed it from cylinder one ( this was the last step to swap ignition coils and spark plugs, even if I did it earlier, but just to be sure ) I could easily smell and see fuel fumes. So from my understanding fuel reaches cylinder, but does not burn it. From cylinder 2 there were no fumes or smell of petrol.
Attachments
IMG_7205.PNG
IMG_7206.PNG
bluntzMastah

Post by bluntzMastah »

So… anyone?

I am trying to accept that probably I won’t be able to find where the issue hides by myself, but at least if someone has any ideas ? Or at least maybe someone could point me if I need to go to electric or someone who works with engines? As where I live there’s a lot of poor mechanics and electrics and the problem from my understanding gonna be quite difficult to trace.
bluntzMastah

Post by bluntzMastah »

:(