C5 Wiring Diagram for Wiper Motors / Wiper stalk

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Re: C5 Wiring Diagram for Wiper Motors / Wiper stalk

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I do like RainX; it does a good job of repelling the water, and at motorway speeds I don't need the wipers at all (provided I remember to re-apply it every 3 months or so).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 10:49 I do like RainX; it does a good job of repelling the water, and at motorway speeds I don't need the wipers at all (provided I remember to re-apply it every 3 months or so).
I was only thinking the other day about how I needed to buy some RainX...it's great stuff. It feels like it's been raining non-stop here for the last two months. :rofl2:
ImageImage
Filberton

Post by Filberton »

Pardon my meanderings but as parts become scarce we have a number of great folk on this Forum making parts etc. and so with respect to these wiper motors, has anyone actually opened one up to see exactly why it has failed and is it a common theme? E.g. if it is water ingress and damage to the electrics (PCB) could they actually be repairable? If folk are replacing and chucking the old unit in the bin, is it worth a few folk opening a few up to see if the damage is an easy fix and repairable. It may be a non-starter but if it was found for instance, that water ingress caused a single capacitor to blow….. you never know.?

Are circuit diagrams by any chance available from the manufacturer as I am sure Citroen bought them in from the likes of Magnetti Marelli. If they are no longer manufactured it is no loss for the actual manufacturer to share info? I am sure with a bit of help, we have a few members willing to give it a go perhaps? Any thoughts?

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've already put the wiring diagram up on this thread and there is also another thread with a teardown here:
viewtopic.php?p=710227#p710227
Manufacturer's will not provide internal component level diagrams as these are most likely protected by patents.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Filberton

Post by Filberton »

Thanks Marc, good stuff and helpful.

The external wiring diagram I had seen and take your point on patents for internals but it was worth a thought. Oddly China of all places seems good at issuing circuit diagrams for their household electronics but hey ho!

The tear down I had missed but thanks for the link..it is very useful. Wiper motors not a problem for me …..as yet …..but from the text it suggests that for those with time and a bit of knowledge they are worth at least opening up and a look before consigning a car to the tip for the sake of lack of parts or ridiculous back-order times.

Thanks for a quick reply 👍

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries Mike.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

I took mine apart and had the motors checked. The motors were perfect he reckoned they were good as new. I had a look at the circuit board nothing obvious but there was a slight bubble on a chip and I have seen a few videos with bigger bits gone on this chip so I think it is the main failure but others have shown water ingress and others show solder failure at the connector.
Darren
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

Ross_K wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 07:59 Hey Darren, did the replacement motors fix the problem? If so, could you please share your Polish seller details with me?

My wipers failed this morning on the way to work this morning...80mph in the outside lane in torrential rain 8-[

If you'll excuse me, I need to go change my underpants :lol:
Hi Ross, Sorry I only saw your post above now. I hope you got sorted.
Darren
razzz_1

Post by razzz_1 »

Hi,

my wipers have been increasingly problems, where mostly the right side gives up and stays "up" and the left side (drivrside) continues wiping. I have unmounted both drives, opened the caskets, cleaned, greased, checked the magnet at the e-motor-drive-shaft (it was fix and not loose as in another topic suggested as fault reason). I have sprayed the contacts with contact-spray. The next 3 weeks it was ok, then the issues returned. The mechanics and also the PCB looked incredibly good for a car with 260kkm and from 2008, no corrosion whatsoever, even the grease was not dirty.
Of course it could be the PCB, but as i have troubles with the trunk wiring (too old and stiff and starts breaking) i would priorize the wiring of the motors. Is there a replacement cable? Preferably a complete one. Regarding the post of " by GiveMeABreak » 15 Apr 2019, 14:06" where is the PSF1 and MC11 (this was already shown, driverside, probably underneath the wiper motor? but on unmounting, i did not see any srew-points in there, so, where it is located and how to access it?).
Would be nice, if someone could give a bit of inight on this.
Estately
(Donor 2022)

Post by Estately »

Hi Razz,
Sorry I can't help with the wiring locations, but it may be worth checking the resistance on the circuits that you are referring to, just to check if it is high or not.

The reason I answered was to say from my experience where only the driver's wiper worked, the magnet was tight on the passenger side shaft and required quite a lot of leverage to align the magnet along the shaft to be in the same and correct relative position as the driver's.

I did my best to apply thread locker to prevent future movement of the magnet, caused in my opinion by heat and time.

Hope that helps.
Andy.
If it can happen it will.