Hello from Aus

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

RenaultReagan
New User

Hello from Aus

Post by RenaultReagan »

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here on the French Car Forum. I'm originally from Brisbane, Australia and have recently become the proud owner of not one, but two French beauties - a Renault Captur and Peugeot 5008.

I've always had a soft spot for French cars, despite some dodgy experiences in the past with an old Peugeot 307 and Renault Laguna that seemed to spend more time at the mechanic than on the road! 😅 But I'm optimistic that my luck has changed with these newer models.

If there are any other Aussies in the group give us a shout! Always good to compare notes from this side of the globe. And if anyone has experience with the Captur or 5008, I'm all ears for tips and tricks. I've been impressed lurking through the forums so far - seems like a really friendly and knowledgeable bunch here. Appreciate you all sharing your wisdom and putting up with my novice questions to come!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Re: Hello from Aus

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I have extended family in Brisbane and around, my brother arrived there in 1970 with his wife and six children, the count now must be nearing a hundred. :)
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hello and :welc: to the best forum on the internet.

Apart from the wealth of knowledge, entertainment, education and amusement that can be found in various places, accessible from the Board Index above, there is also an Aussie designated area which might be worth you declaring yourself on, but don't just stay there get involved everywhere and make the most of it, :-D

The Aussie section is here
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Armidillo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Armidillo »

mickthemaverick wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 10:00 Hello and :welc: to the best forum on the internet.

Apart from the wealth of knowledge, entertainment, education and amusement that can be found in various places, accessible from the Board Index above, there is also an Aussie designated area which might be worth you declaring yourself on, but don't just stay there get involved everywhere and make the most of it, :-D

The Aussie section is here
The threatened closure of AussieFrogs (discussed in the thread Mick linked to) did not in fact go ahead - but joining FCF is a good move - I believe you'll find a lot more support for your modern cars on FCF!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

hello.jpg
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting