Classic for under £10K

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Classic for under £10K

Post by CitroJim »

Lovely, especially the top one :D The dark green really suits the AX :)

Shame the AX is not a Series 1 car - original and best...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I sold an AX to a customer for his daughter who'd just passed her test, three months later he came complaining that I'd sold him a 'dangerous car' and demanded I took it back, on not too close examination I could see that the front wheel alignment was so far out you could see it without using any kit, the girl then finally admitted that she'd gone into a bend too fast and whacked the kerb so hard she'd wrecked the wheel..............but didn't tell her dad. :(
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Following on from Neil's Mk 1 Fiesta on another thread, this one in an attractive two tone comes up for sale this afternoon: :-D
BFTW
BFTW
Details here
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh I do like that :D That colour scheme is truly awesomely lovely :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Without looking it up, early 80's I used to get a lift into work in a special edition Fiesta in a two-tone. Never afraid to miss was it called a "kingfisher" or something like that. :?: A small ferret should come up with the goods :-D

Neil

PS woke up the small ferret unnecessarily the Falcon was spot on!

https://www.projectbobcat.com/model-inf ... kingfisher#

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 11:50 A small ferret should come up with the goods :-D
macchia-pelo-furetto-caratteristiche.jpg
Or
UDF_Ferret2.jpeg
?
NewcastleFalcon

The small ferret wasn't really needed but project Bobcat was :-D
http://www.projectbobcat.com/register/vehicle/432
Fiesta Mk1 Kingfisher special edition Cosmos Blue over Stratos Silver nice combo.
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

An enjoyable little excursion to the Auction today got involved in a bit of bidding on a classic. French, quirky, the best incarnation of the model, in excellent order structurally, mechanically and body wise. Sticking to the rule of only bidding up to a pre-determined amount which I had calculated to be a shot to nothing we did of course come away empty handed, although bidding did pause at my final bid, but unfortunately kicked on again and it went on to a price, with the add-on buyers premium too much outside of my calculations.

I was a little surprised, didn't think there would be so much interest in it. It definitely doesn't fit into the "I had one/the family had one", "remember it with affection" categories, and few people will even have heard of it in 2023. It is anything but a sports car in the zoom zoom bracket, more like pootle pootle.

Trailing in its wake though in terms of price achieved were the seemingly unloved Jaguar XK8 and many of the offerings from BMW/Mercedes,Porsche and the trio of Subaru Imprezas. All very much a lot more car for the money, but strangely unappealing to yours truly.

A second prize bid for the Jensen Healey didn't materialise, achieved a fair enough price, but I would have wanted it for less, and wasn't keen enough on it to become a competitive bidder.

So for now the Falcon Classic Car collection remains at two....the Classic Leaf, and the K12.

The one that got away...
Falcon Original
Falcon Original
Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 22 Apr 2023, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I'm sure it was pre destined for you to get outbid there Neil, after all it's not a true NF colour!! The right one will turn up one day! :-D

Something like this:

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/ ... lt/floride
Last edited by mickthemaverick on 22 Apr 2023, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 18:32 I'm sure it was pre destined for you to get outbid there Neil, after all it's not a true NF colour!! The right one will turn up one day! :-D
Indeed, it must be a yellow one ;)
Jim

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

CitroJim wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 18:36 Indeed, it must be a yellow one ;)
See my edit above!! :-D
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 18:32 I'm sure it was pre destined for you to get outbid there Neil, after all it's not a true NF colour!! The right one will turn up one day! :-D
Thanks Mick it needed to go more the way of the Gold Sunbeam Alpine you picked out earlier in the thread. Under estimate with a hammer price £8,250. Too much interest in the Floride for my liking.

The sale results are still available on The Saleroom.com before it moves on if you are interested before they disappear.

https://gaplive-eu.globalauctionplatfor ... lang=en-gb

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Something like this:

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/ ... lt/floride
Thanks Mick. As you can see from the listing the left hookers in Europe are a different level of price altogether. The shiny red of the one that got away was more than put-upable with, although a deeper yellow like this, (albeit shown here on the Caravelle not the Floride Badged version), would be the best.

Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 22 Apr 2023, 18:58, edited 3 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Yes, I just had a quick run through, some strong prices achieved there although I might have been tempted with the Scimitar at 1900 but it went through too early for a second choice after the Renault! Good day out though I'm sure! :-D
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 18:50 Yes, I just had a quick run through, some strong prices achieved there although I might have been tempted with the Scimitar at 1900 but it went through too early for a second choice after the Renault! Good day out though I'm sure! :-D
Just noticed the complete lack of interest in the Renault 16 TX Estimated at £12,000 to £14,000 and noted as "Sold"
for £6,500, but probably just the hammer price. Whether it makes its way from seller to buyer at that price remains to be seen.

If only there had been a similar lack of interest in the Floride :-D
Falcon Original R16 Dash
Falcon Original R16 Dash
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey