Activa info wanted

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote: Jim, you're not leaving it hanging like this now! What's the story!?
Not any longer :lol: In fact Andrew, you're just about right with what you've determined already!

It is indeed Richard's and I've know the car for as long as I've had an Activa myself. I first saw the car when I visited Richard to have my rear balancing sphere changed and admired it then.

Ages ago, Richard let slip the fatal words that he was thinking of selling it. I immediately said that if he ever did I'd have it, no question. Could I please have first refusal. In truth I never thought Richard would ever sell such a lovely example and I was in no great rush as if it ever happened, I'd want mine to go to a good home. Anyway, it all fell into place with Gareth wanting one and Richard deciding to sell. The deal was done.

My old Activa is good mechanically and all the expensive bits are good but cosmetically it is not the best and I'm not a bodywork person at all. I can do the oily bits no problem at all but paint and all that is totally beyond my abilities. To put it bluntly, I'm hopeless with paint, polish and all the rest of it. Secondly, I'm not struck on the dark grey colour and I'm not really the world's no.1 fan of MK2 Xantias. Many MK2 area are a stonking great improvement over the MK1 but overall, I prefer the look and feel of a MK1 and as you know, I just love the red. I also find it a bit difficult swapping between my MK1 estate and a MK2 Activa as too many controls are slightly different, like the horn and radio controls for instance, with irritates me. Silly I know but there you go, that's me :roll:

This is the car...

Taken at last years CCC National. Since the picture was taken, Richard has swapped the orange side repaters for MK2 clear ones and they look rather good.

Had Richard's not come up on the market, I would not have sold my old one as I did not relish for one moment going and buying another "unknown" Activa and suffering the pain of getting it to my liking. I spilt a lot of blood, sweat and tears over my old one getting it sorted and had no stomach for going through it all again. I know Richard's is a good 'un and I'm content that Gareth, you are getting a good 'un without going through the same trauma as I (and no doubt others) have when entering the world of Activa ownership :evil:
andmcit wrote:I'm just about to take the plunge with my fifth - yes a red one!!
Another Activa Andrew? Tell us more!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

From my end of things, SWIMBO was driving the V6 Xantia but is suffering from a mid life crisis so she has bought a BMW convertible (complete with working indicators :wink: ) which has created an issue over parking, insurance/tax etc so one of my fleet had to go.

The VSX has to stay for preservation reasons, the estate is my daily hack leaving a decision between the Activa and V6. Out of the two, I prefer the V6 to be honest as its such effortless performance with a much smoother ride, added to which SWIMBO much prefers driving automatics should she need a second car at any stage. No surprise with this, SWIMBO much prefers the Xantia to drive but the BMW offers greater posing value to help with her crisis :roll: .

However, should I find a decent V6 Activa or an early Alfasud Sprint (chrome bumpers and no rust :? ) then I may sell the V6. I wouldn't have sold the Activa to anyone, it had to go to a good home as I've spent so much time and effort getting the car straight, two brand new balancing rams, ten sphere's, four tyres the list goes on and on, added to which its fitted with every optional extra including leather electric seats, A/C and sunroof, winter pack, CD changer and most surprisingly everything including the heated seats works :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

And to complete the circle it just so happens i was in the right place at the right time, my missus will be driving shortly and will need a run around and my job will dictate virtually no business use except to and from work whereas i am currently doing about 500 miles a week for business, plus about 250 private miles so the TD has definatly earnt its keep. Once the injection pump has had the CitroJim magic it will be running on 90% WVO and will cost very little to run. The money i save from that will go towards a more fun car and with a proven ability of achieving nearly 40mpg, Jim's very late Activa fits the bill perfectly. Although it has its fair share of battle scars they are mainly panel dings which a very good friend will attend to and a machine polisher and a days work will do the rest.

A decent coat of wax, the odd smart repair here and there plus 4 wheel refurbishments, possibly a very light smoke window tint will make the smoke grey paintwork appear darker and it should look a stunner when done.

I'm hoping to get the boost up to 12psi from wherever it is at the moment which i suspect is lower than standard, apart from that it will be left standard and well looked after,completing my fleet nicely!

Thanks must go to Jim for doing such an excellent deal for me, he has promised a lifetime warranty aswell :wink:
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

citrojim wrote:
Another Activa Andrew? Tell us more!!!
This is the one I mentioned with cruise control on the now defunct Xantia
forum just around Xmas time - I bid and won it for my pal on ebay as
he's not computered up!

It has sunroof and AC and is bodily perfect but needs x2 new tyres
and a look at its height corrector linkages as it seems a bit out in the ride
height. It's got the original radio and changer in the boot etc. It doesn't
have the leather like your (exRichard) one, but that's actually preferable
by me!! I guess it could do with refurbed wheels to bring it up to match
those pictured above as the rim edges are a bit moiley!! I can't recall if
there's much life in the clutch but it drives very well. The only other minor
issue is the rear bumper tow cover is distorted out of shape and doesn't
sit right!! I know, I'm nitpicking!! :D

Can't recall the miles but less than my black one's 144k. If there was an
Activa worthy of the A6TVA number it's probably this one!!

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That one looks like it'll come up a perfect treat Andrew, very nice :D

Interestingly, it has a Northamptonshire (RP) registration plate on it. Must have lived around these parts at some time in its life.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

From the last keeper, it came from Oxford. It does scrub up well!

Andrew