Strange creaking sound

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fred Timperly

Strange creaking sound

Post by Fred Timperly »

Car: 2014 — 1.6 e-HDi Allure Diesel Manual Euro 5 (s/s) (115 ps)

Can you please help me find the source of this creaking sound? I will give as much information as I can.

The creaking occurs when moving slowly forwards or backwards, or if slowly steering right or left.

Steering (neutral & engine off, electronic handbrake disengaged and brakes were not applied):

Moving forward or backwards with just the clutch (microphone under pedals).

The steering does not feel stiff and there is no oil leaks. The sounds you've just heard are still present if the brakes are applied at full force. The creaking can be heard from both sides.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
308.PNG
Fred Timperly

Re: Strange creaking sound

Post by Fred Timperly »

Nobody wants to help me out?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Very difficult to tell, from stationary could be bottom ball joint, can't hear much on the 2nd vid, but you say it creaks when rolling? Which means probably not ball joint. Lower arm bush broken away perhaps? You could ask an MOT place if they can check the front end.
Richard W
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

That is like looking at an image of a mouth and being told "I have tooth ache" ..

My bet would be a dry drop link or anti-roll bar bush/mount.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Fred Timperly

Post by Fred Timperly »

RichardW wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 07:51 Very difficult to tell, from stationary could be bottom ball joint, can't hear much on the 2nd vid, but you say it creaks when rolling? Which means probably not ball joint. Lower arm bush broken away perhaps? You could ask an MOT place if they can check the front end.
Stickyfinger wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 08:53 That is like looking at an image of a mouth and being told "I have tooth ache" ..

My bet would be a dry drop link or anti-roll bar bush/mount.
Hey guys, thank you for your responses.

I have recorded the sound again but this time, from under the car. It sounded very central but I am not sure, please see video.