Lexia communication module for c5x7.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

obolikol

Lexia communication module for c5x7.

Post by obolikol »

Hi i have a question, will s1279 lexia module connect with my c5 x7 or do i need some other module for thus car?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Lexia communication module for c5x7.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You do not require this module - it is only for 'commercial' designated vehicles like the Expert, Boxer and the Ford / FIAT variants like the Nemo as examples. The X7 does not require this.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
obolikol

Post by obolikol »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 10:14 You do not require this module - it is only for 'commercial' designated vehicles like the Expert, Boxer and the Ford / FIAT variants like the Nemo as examples. The X7 does not require this.
So only obd2 to usb or com and software?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

S1279 module is for use with a Lexia 3 VCI kit with Diagbox for commercial vehicles.

So a Lexia Kit will have VCI interface connected to OBDII port and your laptop and yes, you need Diagbox software.

I can't comment on other after-market diagnostic kits and their requirements.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

What is more important is to know whether your VCI (the hardware that plugs into the OBD socket) is full chip and has Rev C chip firmware. Also, what software are you using? Lexia is probably too old even for a 2009 X7 and you need Diagbox. What version of Diagbox are you running?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Zokom

Post by Zokom »

Hi, I am too searching a Lexia 3 module for my 2010 C5 X7 but I'm based in Italy, do you have by chance any european shop with some good options? Also I'm quite a noob in this but I know I would need a PC with winXP installed to run the machine for the diagbox, anything else? Thanks