Newbie advice needed please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonasjones

Newbie advice needed please

Post by jonasjones »

Hi first post in this forum, I purchased a Citroen C3 aircross 2020 on the car site cinch.
I’ve only driven 70 miles and on the 3rd day the orange symbol came on with a general engine dysfunction, I was worried so borrowed my friends OBDll diagnostic tool test and I would like some advice on the findings that was delivered, I’m new to new technology cars, so your advice would be invaluable, many thanks these are the findings below
Attachments
IMG_0486.png
IMG_0485.png
IMG_0484.png
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Newbie advice needed please

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should have some warranty (at least 90 days) - take it back or contact them urgently.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
jonasjones

Post by jonasjones »

Hi thanks, would you advise me not to drive the car following the findings that I have given.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Those are only BSI faults, and most likely related to a low battery at some point. The one putting the engine light on will be in the engine ECU. If it's running OK, probably no issue driving it, but you never know...
Richard W
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

General rule of thumb for orange warning lamps with no running issues safe to drive as long as oil & coolant levels OK too.
jonasjones

Post by jonasjones »

Thanks for the answers is there anything in the report I should be extremely worried about.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

This is part of the written terms from Heycar and I'd guess Cinch must provide similar terms.

"All Vehicles come with a minimum 90 day warranty as standard. You will be contacted prior to delivery of your Vehicle via the contract details provided to activate and confirm details of your warranty.
If any Vehicle you purchase is damaged or faulty when delivered to you or has developed a fault, you may also have one or more legal remedies available to you, depending on when you make us aware of the problem, in accordance with your legal rights. If you believe a Vehicle was delivered damaged or faulty or has developed a fault, you should inform us as soon as possible, preferably in writing, giving your name, address and purchase reference.
Nothing in this section affects your legal rights."
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
jonasjones

Post by jonasjones »

Thanks