Diagbox for 2015 Boxer

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DaveS
Donor 2024

Diagbox for 2015 Boxer

Post by DaveS »

Hi all,

I have sadly bought into a bit of a turkey of a Boxer. Drove fine on the test drive, however airbag light was on. Seller assured me it was just an ABS sensor. It was cheap enough for me to take a gamble, however ive plugged my friends scanner in and the list of codes is...impressive shall we say :rofl2: I think the tackle the problem effectivley, im probably best invensting in something thats built specifically for this platform, which brings me here.

Having spent the last few hours reading various threads on here, what I can deduce is that my vehicle is no mans land in terms of Diagbox support, it could be v7, it could be v9. Is it possible for any of the admins to ascertain the build date (and thus steer me towards the correct version of DB?) from the VIN - VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

This then brings me to the VCI - from what I can gather,
  • I can shop around for a genuine ACTIA one, and pay big
    I can pick up a chinese clone and run the risk of deminished reliability.
    I can speak to EasyDiagnostics who can supply me a better quality copy?
Could anyone offer advice on the above 3 options? Are the chinese copies REALLY bad?

Lastly, ive also read that for the VCI to interface with a 2015 boxer, i will need a further S.1279 module between the VCI and OBD port - can anyone confirm this?

I know theres a lot to unpack, but id be super grateful for any direction here

Dave
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Diagbox for 2015 Boxer

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your build code is 14142 which means it was built at the factory on 29 July 2015.

However your vehicle is actually a ford-based vehicle (BOXER 3 VAN MEDIUM H2 TYPE 16 2.2 HDI 130 PUMA C Manual gearbox 6), and on this model with the Ford Puma engine, there will be non-PSA equipment like all the audio and telematics systems as one example. You may also find that you'll need another interface (S1279 Module) for use with a Lexia VCI kit in order to work and read the ECUs properly on these commercial vehicles.

You really will have an issue trying to find a genuine Actia Kit now, but I would speak to Jim at easydiagnostics and explain the vehicle you have. There is a shortage of clone kits now and with all the software issues he is now moving onto a different diagnostic tool that I believe Stellantis are adopting based on a Bosch system.

These would appear to be a lot less hassle than the older Diagbox / Lexia software. I've not got one of these new modules myself as yet, as I've no need of it at present, but would consider replacing my Lexia VCI kit with one when the need arises.

Version 9.** of Diagbox is for later vehicles, certainly from about 2016 onwards, but you may get away with V7.** given the year - hard to say.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc