2017 Peugeot 3008 Seat Belt Removal.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

508Allure
Donor 2023

2017 Peugeot 3008 Seat Belt Removal.

Post by 508Allure »

Left our new puppy in the car for a short while and returned to find she's had a good chew of the passanger front and rear belts. Stupidly left her on our other dogs tether with too much freedom.

Don't suppose anyone knows how to remove these so that I can send them off to have the webbing replaced?

Absolutely no idea how you get to the rear reel.

Thanks in advance.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2017 Peugeot 3008 Seat Belt Removal.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't recommend this unfortunately, as to get the belts off, apart from undoing all the trim, you have to deactivate the airbag safety systems first, as these belts have pre-tensioner pyrotechnics in the buckle / reel & Stalk / strap, so must be treated with kid gloves. I think there are also special requirements for sending pyrotechnic devices too....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
508Allure
Donor 2023

Post by 508Allure »

The auto electrician I have used before is going to remove the belts for me and a local company will replace the webbing.

Fortunately he's well aware of the airbag system/pretensioners, so I was just trying to find some info on trim removal as we were both unsure as to how to locate the rear seat belt reel.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, understood - just have to make you aware.

To get to the rear belts, you'll first need to remove the rear parcel shelf and then the parcel shelf trim and lower sill trims (1) & (6) shown on the diagram:
allure rear seat trim diag.png
(1) Rear parcel tray trim.
(2) Centre pillar upper trim.
(3) Windscreen pillar trim.
(4) Front pillar trim.
(5) The centre pillar lower trim.
(6) Hinged rear door sill trim.

(1) Rear parcel tray trim
allure rear seat parcel trim.png
This shows the inside of the rear parcel trim so you can see where the clips are.

Before tackling the rear sill trim, you'll need to remove the rear seat cushions. Be careful as there are electronic wires for the seat belt sensors around this area.
allure rear seat removal.png
Detach the rear seat cushion (1) (In "a") using trim removal tools.
Disengage the rear seat cushion (1).

Hopefully the above will be of some assistance.

allure rear seat trim 6 .png
Unclip the hinged rear door sill trim (6) (at "e" and "c") using trim removal tools.
Unclip the hinged rear door sill trim (6) (at "d") using trim removal tools.
Remove the hinged rear door sill trim (6).
allure rear seat belt.png
Remove the screw (6).
allure rear seat belt b.png
Remove the bolt (1).
Release the reel (2) from the slot (as "b") (At "a").
Allure Rear Seat C.png
Remove:
The securing bolt (4)
The seat belt (3)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Never heard of anyone re webbing a seat belt 😵‍💫
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

How will the local company type approve the seat belt once they put on their webbing ? Presumably they will need the same webbing/thread originally used by Peugeot so it has the same properties in the event of a crash. I do not think they would be allowed to reuse the original labels stitched on to the belts but they will need labels. If ever in a crash and the seat belts are used and the outcome is not good then the driver might be liable due to the modification to the car.

I know it is expensive, but if it was me, I would be buying new belts from Peugeot, we had to do this through Citroen on a Cactus when a dog chewed through a belt. Then if dogs are ever in your car again put a muzzle on them, they do not cost much. Our daughter gets lightweight muzzles from themuzzleshop for her lurcher and he does not mind using one when out walking.
Steve Walsh
Donor 2024

Post by Steve Walsh »

I would try a breakers yard, They may be second hand / used but so are everybodys, unless you buy a brand new car
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>