308 Towbar

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BVL
Donor 2024

308 Towbar

Post by BVL »

Hi,

I just installed a towbar and wiring harness in my car.

Now the manaual from the wiring harness says i have to place a 15A fuse in the engine compartment fuse box in slot 24.

Currently there is no fuse installed in the slot, I like to know what the exact function of the fuse is before i put any in, but i can't find any useful information on the internet.

My car came without the manual....

Does diagbox know anything about F24 engine compartment fusebox ?

Cheers,

Bart.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 09 Apr 2024, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved out of the Official Parts Thread
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 308 Towbar

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've moved this into a separate topic Bart and out of the parts only thread. I'll come back and take a look at this later - in the meantime, please provide your VIN here. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

There is a link to the handbooks in this topic viewtopic.php?t=63209
Nothing in the fuse lists though will help in any of the various model year handbooks so you will need a wiring diagram specific for your car.

When I have wired tow bars without using a Citroen supplied kit, a 15 amp fuse is usual for just the trailer lights relay 12 volt supply and if for also a caravan a second 20 amp fuse is used on its 12 volt power supply.
BVL
Donor 2024

Post by BVL »

Thanks for the reply paul,

I did some measurements and found that that F24 is the supply to the wire which connects to the trailer light relay.

I also need a 20 amp supply for 12 volt supply to the caravan, which the wiring kit says take it from the 12 volt battery battery, but like to find out if there is a swiched 15 or 20 amp spare fuse slot for that somewhere.

Bart.
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

If you use a smart relay it does not need an extra switched 12 volt supply provided you do not have a smart alternator that varies its voltage on how well charged the battery is. Smart alternators also may not give a high enough voltage for a caravan fridge whilst towing so something to look into. You might be able to check if you have a smart alternator by measuring the battery voltage with the engine running. If smart, the voltage may be below about 13 volts but if the lights and other things are switched on it might increase the voltage. A non smart alternator should be about 14 volts all the time.

For the 20 amp supply, you might find a spare fuse socket in the dash fuse box for something like optional electric seats so could use the input side of the socket.