Help Required To Find Or Repair Electirical Connector

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Robc76

Help Required To Find Or Repair Electirical Connector

Post by Robc76 »

Good morning folks,
My 1998 106 1.1 has been having some idling and running issues. I believe I have found the source of the issue. The female connector plug for the throttle position sensor has a mangled socket which is causing the engine to stall. Unplugging the TPS exhibits the same symptom. Plugging it back it, the engine runs perfectly for a while until the connector (presumably) vibrates loose ever so slightly. Basically, the mangled socket is barely touching the pin which it is supposed to envelop.
Can someone please help me find a pigtail (new or used) which I can use to replace the damaged connector or point me in the direction of an auto electrician who can replace the damaged pin. I live in SP8.

My car has the Bosch single point fuel injection and the TPS connector is a purple 4 pin item. Please see the attached photo.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

RobC
Attachments
IMG_20240406_145453.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Help Required To Find Or Repair Electirical Connector

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Do you have the VIN for this? Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Robc76

Post by Robc76 »

Hi Marc,
VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Regards

RobC
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

The 5 way Black is showing a no longer available from the dealer.
You may be able to get a different coloured one && modify it to fit
Attachments
5vNR.jpg
Robc76

Post by Robc76 »

Of course, it is a 5 pin and not a 4 pin. I'm hoping to find the right one somewhere but I could look at alternatives that would get the job done.

Regards

RobC
Donor 2023

Post by 407 »

Looks like a Bosch EV1 5 pin 1287013006, 1 287 013 006, 282193-1

try Amazon, Ebay or Aliexpress https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171580535426 or a good electronics shop (eg https://www.farnell.com/)

I also think the 2nd pin (circled) is loose and pushed in and you might be able to refit it into the socket by pushing at the rear of the socket with small screwdriver

Or fit it and then push it in from the rear to make contact with the male connector
Attachments
Bosch EV1 .JPG
bosch plugs chart #2.jpg
bosch plugs chart #1.jpg
Robc76

Post by Robc76 »

Thanks for the pointers - I will go and do some googling to see what I can find.

With regard to the pin being loose, the photo doesn't show it well but the socket is completely mangled. Unfortunately, I don't have the tools or the skills to repair connectors so I am trying to find someone local who can.

Regards

RobC
Robc76

Post by Robc76 »

Update: A new connector was sourced and fitted but the problem remains. I am still investigating. Should anyone require the same connector, I got it from here:

https://www.shopbhp.com/products/plug-a ... 7bb0&_ss=r

HALTECH PLUG AND PINS ONLY BOSCH 5 PIN JUNIOR TIMER FEMALE CONNECTOR
Screenshot from 2024-04-22 13-41-49.png
Regards

RobC