Peugeot 407 SW 1.6 HDi additive quantity problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pedja
Donor 2024

Peugeot 407 SW 1.6 HDi additive quantity problem

Post by Pedja »

Hello,

I installed a new replacement catalytic converter with a FAP filter, and topped up the additive fluid in the tank. The car drove for several years without FAP.

After the installation we received the P1445 error, and we can't solve it.

The ECU was also replaced some years ago so it could be the wrong one.

Could you please send me the part numbers (Peugeot's & Bosch's) of the factory installed ECU and BSI ?

Was a "Particle filter electronic control box" (1525 CY) installed in my car or did the ECU manage the additive fluid quantity?

My VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Cheers

Pedja
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot 407 SW 1.6 HDi additive quantity problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

Parts are showing the separate additive ECU at (20) below on the diagram.
Pedja Additive.png
(2) Particle Filter Control Box, part: 1525CY (No longer available from Peugeot).

Regarding the P1445 Error:
Fault Code: P1445
Description of Fault: Additive system: Quantity of additive remaining in the tank too great. The total quantity of additive injected is more than 80 g for 1 second.
Conditions for Fault to clear:
  • Ignition on
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: -
Symptoms: -
Suspect Areas:
  • Additive pump
BSI
Pedya BSI.png
(1) BSI New JCAE Visteon Electronics (to be configured), part: 6580JL (NFP)
Standard Exchange BSI (to be configured), part: 1660728180 (NFP)
JCAE BSI (pre-configured), part: 6580JN (NFP)

NFP = No Longer Available

Engine ECU
Pedja engine ECU.png
(1) New Engine ECU (Bosch) to be configured, part: 1942CR (NFP)
Configured ECU, part: 1942CS (NFP)

Remember that the BSI, the engine ECU and the transponders in the Fobs are matched sets and can't just be replaced unless you are replacing with a complete matched set from the exact vehicle with the exact same options.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Pedja
Donor 2024

Post by Pedja »

Thank you.

Could you please tell me the location of the additive ECU (1525CY) in the car? We can't find it. (Can you also check it with ServiceBox/Sedre to be sure if it was factory installed).

Also you forgot to send me the number (Peugeot's and Bosch's if possible) of the factory installed main ECU ("Injection Electronic calculator". Could you do this please?

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers

Pedja
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I provided the BSI, but forgot the engine ECU, so will update my previous post shortly on this. This is the official diagram, so shows it as fitted. On later vehicles the function was switched to the engine ECU, but for a 2006 model, this function should still be carried out by the additive ECU.

Here is the location of the Additive ECU - item (6).
pedja fuel additive location.png
ReferenceDesignation
(1)Particle filter differential pressure sensor
(2)Fuel cooler
(3)Fuel tank unit
(4)Fuel filler cap
Fuel tank cap presence sensor
(5)Fuel additive injection valve
(6)Fuel additive ECU
(7)Fuel tank
(8)Engine ECU
(9)catalytic converter + Particle filter (FAP)
(10)Additive tank
(11)Downstream exhaust gas high temperature sensor

Marc
Pedja
Donor 2024

Post by Pedja »

Thank you for your advice. But we still couldn't find the additive ECU.

The factory ECU part numbers 1942CR & 1942CS you send me, require a cross-range BSI. And when I looked up the schematics in ServiceBox/Sedre, a Cross range BSI doesn't have an addditive ECU.

Am I worng?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've just had a look at the wiring diagrams too and yes, you have a cross-range BSI, and there is no separate additive ECU. So this is why it's confusing with the engine data that says otherwise as you can see from the previous info in my last post. Unfortunately this can be where they update one system and not the other - or don't make it clear.

So at least you can rule the separate additive ECU out and just need to focus on the additive pump:

Other options are that if we are talking about the original additive pump that wasn't used for years, then it could be damaged from dry running.
Also when the engine ECU was replaced (I assume you are referring to the engine ECU) I an guessing you had to have it 'virginised' in order to code it to the BSI? If not, and you also replaced the BSI as a matched set with the fob transponders, then it may be a matter of incorrect configuration of the BSI and / or the engine ECU as to why it isn't working. But there is data from somewhere as it obviously thinks there is too much additive int he tank. So there looks like something has been altered there....

Marc