Oxygen Sensor Wiring

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

slimsoul

Oxygen Sensor Wiring

Post by slimsoul »

Hi, I have recently replaced a Peugeot 208 2013, bank 1 oxygen sensor with a universal crimp-type sensor to fit onto the original plug cabling.
The supplier didn't have access to the one with the correct plug, and it was due for MOT the next day after failing emissions the first time around, so I had to make do. It passed....but

Now I am receiving the following fault codes a few days later
P2195
P0171
P2177
P0420 Pending

The engine is lumpy and has a strong smell of fuel

I have checked the connection from the pin to the crimp connector on all four cables with a multi-meter and it suggests there are no disconnections.
Also, on rewiring, there were 2 white cables, which I suspect aren't crucial in the way they are connected.....

or is this my error?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring

Post by RichardW »

They're all lean codes, but if smells of fuel then it's probably running rich. Suggests either the sensor or wiring is no good. TBH most aftermarket sensors are junk, you'd be much better off fitting the correct OE one!
Richard W
slimsoul

Post by slimsoul »

Is it correct that the white cables can be either, i think they are for the heater
Kees
Donor 2024

Post by Kees »

It's correct, that the white wires are for the heater, but you have check if one of them are also make contact with the housing.
slimsoul

Post by slimsoul »

So I guess any faults with the white wires if there was any, won't create those lean fault codes?
Sorry, which part do you mean by the housing?

Going to bite the bullet and by a new sensor with the correct plug already attached
Kees
Donor 2024

Post by Kees »

The housing of the oxygen sensor, because there also one other, black or gray is connected at the housing.